• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Mail Poll Fail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooooooh that home page is horrid. Never knew it existed, my favourites link just points to the News Page.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Off topic but it seems odd at time why there are so many sneers at The Daily Mail but not The Daily Express, although on any day they both carry exactly the same tales of asylum seekers in £10m taxpayer funded mansions etc.
      Maybe nobody reads the Express.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Maybe nobody reads the Express.
        If only Diana were here to save us!
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

This was in the Daily Mail today. Typical some might say.

Hospital bosses admit 'some of our doctors can't speak or understand English' | Mail Online

I think has one to distinguish between two sorts of "Daily Mail" comment.

There is the silly sort like "Christmas celebration cancelled to avoid offence to Muslims" which just stirs up trouble based on some daft decision by one out of the umpteen councils. There are always daft decisions to be found if you look hard enough.

Then there are things like "asylum seeker in £1M pound mansion", "violent foreign criminal given right to stay in UK" or "foreign doctors not speaking English", like the one at top. Those are totally different from the first as (assuming true obviously) they raise genuine concerns that need to be addressed.

One should not ask why the Daily Mail prints them but rather why the Guardian and BBC do not.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X