• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobsworths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Thats nothing, I went to school in Liverpool with a guy who had learning difficulties, a white mum and a black dad, and he started robbing with a machete when he was about twelve.
    So we might have called him A n***** crip mofo,bin-dipping calm-down, calm down gangsta,
    but we called him Pongo instead

My point exactly. All be it more eloquently put.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Or me...

I think it'd be quite rude. I do use spaz every now and again somehow it seems less offensive than crip.

But I prefer "fu<ker" - it's my go to swear word.

Along with "oh tulip" which I used in front of an 18 month old at the weekend and he promptly used it himself

My (now swearing) son is 20 months old actually.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Oh right... he's kinda short for 20 months
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

At least he didn't break my PS3 and he tidied up the remote controls.

Comment

Yep. A bolshy, swearing, midget.

Like mother like son!
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I bet whoever it was who refused to provide the documentation, used to work as a doctor's receptionist.
              that made me laugh! I could write a 12-volume tirade on that very subject and I rarely have to go, my mate's dad collapsed once (alcohol issues) prompting my mate to run down to the surgery (had already called ambulance) to try and get his dad some immediate attention, the battle axes on reception called the cops when my mate became exasperated with them as they refused to even contact a doctor in one of the offices, I don't think he got nicked but was too late for his dad.

I've changed surgery but the new place has a similar policy of obstinate and unhelpful receptionists.
              sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
                that made me laugh! I could write a 12-volume tirade on that very subject and I rarely have to go, my mate's dad collapsed once (alcohol issues) prompting my mate to run down to the surgery (had already called ambulance) to try and get his dad some immediate attention, the battle axes on reception called the cops when my mate became exasperated with them as they refused to even contact a doctor in one of the offices, I don't think he got nicked but was too late for his dad.

I've changed surgery but the new place has a similar policy of obstinate and unhelpful receptionists.
                Whores from Hell, the lot of them.

I like this conversation the best:

<after being on hold for around two years>
                MP: Hello, can I book an emergency appointment with the doctor, please?
                WfH: No. You need to call between eight and eight thirty to get an emergency appointment.
                MP: I've been on hold since 08:17?
                WfH: As it's now 08:31 I'm unable to help you. Please call back tomorrow between the hours of eight and eight thirty.
                MP: But, I've been trying all week and I always get put on hold for ages.
                WfH: It's luck of the draw I'm afraid. You need to come to the surgery and wait for the chance of an on the spot appointment between 3pm and 6pm.

Followed by the following, at 3pm:

MP: Hello, I've been told to come and wait for an on the spot emergency appointment.
                WfH: Fine. Give me your mobile number and we will call you when we have an appointment available. You are not able to wait in the surgery waiting room though. You need to go outside.
                MP: Erm, it's snowing - and my son is ill. Can we wait in here, please?
                WfH: No. Do you have a car? Go and sit in it.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

WfH: No. You need to call between eight and eight thirty to get an emergency appointment.
                  WfH: As it's now 08:31 I'm unable to help you. Please call back tomorrow between the hours of eight and eight thirty.
                  WfH: It's luck of the draw I'm afraid. You need to come to the surgery and wait for the chance of an on the spot appointment between 3pm and 6pm.

MP: Hello, I've been told to come and wait for an on the spot emergency appointment.
                  WfH: Fine. Give me your mobile number and we will call you when we have an appointment available. You are not able to wait in the surgery waiting room though. You need to go outside.
                  What the ****? Is that true?

Comment

I would say unbelievable but sadly it is totally believable, when I started the new place it took over two weeks to get a prescription fulfilled, I had run out of meds 2 weeks before so had no meds for 4 weeks - seriously considering Bupa just never ill enough
                    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

All Dr's receptionists are the same

My conversations are usually like this

Me - Can I see the Dr please
                      Them - Why
                      Me - Cos I'm sick
                      Them - Well, how sick are you?

Then when you finally see the Dr -

Them - Why didn't you come in earlier
                      Me - Cos the God damn rotweiller on the desk stopped me
                      Them - Oh, take no notice of her
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X