• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When the garage guy you phoned starts "Are you sitting down?"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to get economy from engine use diesel.

What Is LPG Autogas? Frequently Asked Questions About Autogas From Flogas

As a rule of thumb:-
    1 litre of DIESEL = 1.54 litres of LPG
    1 litre of PETROL = 1.20 litres of LPG

Back to you cretin (DimPrawn)

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      My stepfather has a V12 XJS convertible in his garage, he's convinced my mother it's a classic and worth keeping.

It's in good nick but who can afford to run a monster like that these days?...queue DP ; )
      I had a hard top V12 and sold it and then instantly regretted it. Cost me an arm and a leg to run and maintain and was in good nick but any problems were costly and in the same league as the OP's quote. Thats why I (stupidly) sold it.

For all its flaws though, I absolutely loved the thing, was a dream to drive. I dont like cars much (I do bikes) but the XJS was different.

It IS worth keeping, I've kept an eye on the price of good nick XJS's, a lot of the rotboxes have been scrapped now and the price of the good ones is only going one way.
      Last edited by Durbs; 9 March 2011, 16:02.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        If you want to get economy from engine use diesel.

What Is LPG Autogas? Frequently Asked Questions About Autogas From Flogas

As a rule of thumb:-
        1 litre of DIESEL = 1.54 litres of LPG
        1 litre of PETROL = 1.20 litres of LPG

Back to you cretin (DimPrawn)
        1.54 * 55p = ????

Diesel is 140p per litre.

Tell me how to run a V12 XJS on diesel please?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          1.54 * 55p = ???? Diesel is 140p per litre.
          LPG price often quoted Ex VAT as it is businesses who own LPG trucks.

LPG Prices - Current and Historical LPG Fuel Prices at the Pump

So that's 80 pence x 1.54 = 122.3, close to diesel price of around 130 - if you really insist on saving you can add up some sunflower oil to drop the price.

Tell me how to run a V12 XJS on diesel please?
          Sell it for any price and buy my "one careful owner" PUG 307 Diesel instead

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            LPG price often quoted Ex VAT as it is businesses who own LPG trucks.

LPG Prices - Current and Historical LPG Fuel Prices at the Pump

So that's 80 pence x 1.54 = 122.3, close to diesel price of around 130 - if you really insist on saving you can add up some sunflower oil to drop the price.

Sell it for any price and buy my "one careful owner" PUG 307 Diesel instead

HTH

We ARE businesses. You?

Comment

On a tangent a bloke my dad knows makes a roaring trade in cleaning and selling used vegetable oil to run your diesel on.

How to Convert a Car to Run on Vegetable Oil | eHow.com

Meant to be cheap as chips. Literally.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

We ARE businesses. You?
                I am, not sure about you m8

Comment

He's just emailed with a quote, to fix a squeeking noise in my 15 year old Jaguar XJ6

HTH
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

HTH

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                      On a tangent a bloke my dad knows makes a roaring trade in cleaning and selling used vegetable oil to run your diesel on.

How to Convert a Car to Run on Vegetable Oil | eHow.com

Meant to be cheap as chips. Literally.
                      I own a Cafe as my 'Plan B'. When we first opened, you had to pay to dispose of used veg oil, then people started collecting for nowt then people started to pay to take it away for you.

The price of new veg oil wholesale is now up over £20 (ex vat) for 20 litres and people are paying 20-25p a litre for used. Add the cost of cleaning/refining used and it's now not as cheap as you might think.

Obviously, if you've got a great source of the stuff, free then it's great, but even ****ed up veg oil is now commanding a price
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X