• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bristols

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Who did they sell 'em to, people with bad taste?

Frankly I'd be more concerned about viable British cars such as Land Rover, Jaguar, Aston Martin not owned by locals.
    **** off back to Russia. Seriously.

Comment

Was anyone else really disappointed that is was about cars and not cockney rhyming slang

(puts kleenex away)
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

They were a typical British company, unable and/or unwilling to move with the times.

Here's a car they designed in 1976:

Bristol Type 603 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And not really developed or updated and still being "sold" today (if anyone wants a very expensive 1976 car).

Here's a Kia from a few years ago, it looks and is tulip

And here's some new Kia cars:

And here's a Kia design for tomorrow:

and another

So, Bristol, expensive, ugly cars from the 1970's being sold selectively to very rich, blind/stupid people.

Other car manufacturers (like Kia) are booming, improving designs, quality, technology and manufacturing techniques.

I'd rather have a Kia.

Comment

The biggest loss in all this will be the skills that the people at Bristol Cars Ltd currently have.

Oh well.

Last one out switch the light off.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            The biggest loss in all this will be the skills that the people at Bristol Cars Ltd currently have.

Oh well.

We don't need skills. Skills is old economy.

We need more bankers, more printed money, more lending, more debt, buy a house, sell it a 2x price a year later.

That's the future. We should scrap maths, science at school and teach children how to buy and sell houses and how to short a stock via a CFD.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              We don't need skills. Skills is old economy.

We need more bankers, more printed money, more lending, more debt, buy a house, sell it a 2x price a year later.

That's the future. We should scrap maths, science at school and teach children how to buy and sell houses and how to short a stock via a CFD.
              Or short an index
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Or short an index
                Exactly. Imagine a million youngsters all shorting via a 2x inverse leveraged ETF the British economy with all their pocket money. We'd be laughing and they'd have pension fund by the time they were 14.

Comment

Oh well.

Shame to see this happen. I used to enjoy my time when at the "posh car place" and many of the skills these people had particularly in the coach building section will disappear.

As for switching off the light... everyone's gone already and the light is on a timer to give the impression that someone's still here.

Comment

Their cars look complete and utter tulip and I am pretty sure inside they are also 70s technology - it might soon be probably impossible to certify one of those due to too high emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Exactly. Imagine a million youngsters all shorting via a 2x inverse leveraged ETF the British economy with all their pocket money. We'd be laughing and they'd have pension fund by the time they were 14.

Western
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X