• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice: Congestion charge rises with inflation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice: Congestion charge rises with inflation

Motorists are threatening to boycott the London congestion charge in protest at the 60% price increase that comes into force tomorrow. Campaigners say the rise from £5 to £8 will have a serious impact on businesses in central London.

Milan.

Red Ken

Whingeing without doing anything is pointless, so any protests are better than none.
    However, in the last election for the Mayor of London, our fellow citizens of the capital city had a choice :
    1. Vote for someone that SAID he will increase BOTH the congestion zone AND the congestion charge (by less than he did, quite cunningly).
    2. Vote for someone that said he will banish the whole thing.
    They chose to keep Red Ken in, so he didn't do the damage, THEY DID.

Comment

Do you know that Londoners each pay three times as much for Ken Livingstone as they pay for the royal family?

I hope they feel they are getting value for money.

Comment

Do you know that Londoners each pay three times as much for Ken Livingstone as they pay for the royal family?
        It's the salamanders, you know

Comment

Kost of Ken

That is a massive underestimate, Stackers. The BBC a couple of weeks ago reported that the Royal Family cost me 61p per year. My council tax bill of a couple of months ago tells me that my GLA Mayoral surcharge is £254.62 per year (of which £8 per year is for the "running and administration of the GLA"). So, on kindest estimate, it's costing me ca. 13 times more than the Royals.

Comment

I hope they feel they are getting value for money.
            No

Comment

Royal Ken

He might at least Troop the Colour for them while they're away.

Comment

Re: Royal Ken

Royalty has no place in Keningrad. That's why Threaded moved to Denmark, God bless him.

Comment

8 pounds is cheap. We need more money for public transport. I would suggest 10 pounds, at least. :hat

Comment

The basis for the price rise was to remove more cars from the roads. Why didn't he jack it up to £100. Surely that would have removed many more cars from the roads than a measly £3 rise.

Comment

Working...
                    X