• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice: Congestion charge rises with inflation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    8 pounds is cheap. We need more money for public transport. I would suggest 10 pounds, at least.
    That £8 is just for "admin". The total charge is £254.62. Here's how it roughly breaks down:

£196 - police
    £44 - fire brigade
    £8 - Red Ken "admin" charge
    £7 - transport

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Does Ken ride through London on a giant crested newt?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The basis for the price rise was to remove more cars from the roads. Why didn't he jack it up to £100. Surely that would have removed many more cars from the roads than a measly £3 rise.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    8 pounds is cheap. We need more money for public transport. I would suggest 10 pounds, at least. :hat

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Royal Ken

Royalty has no place in Keningrad. That's why Threaded moved to Denmark, God bless him.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Royal Ken

He might at least Troop the Colour for them while they're away.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Do you know that Londoners each pay three times as much for Ken Livingstone as they pay for the royal family?

I hope they feel they are getting value for money.
    No

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Kost of Ken

Do you know that Londoners each pay three times as much for Ken Livingstone as they pay for the royal family?
    That is a massive underestimate, Stackers. The BBC a couple of weeks ago reported that the Royal Family cost me 61p per year. My council tax bill of a couple of months ago tells me that my GLA Mayoral surcharge is £254.62 per year (of which £8 per year is for the "running and administration of the GLA"). So, on kindest estimate, it's costing me ca. 13 times more than the Royals.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's the salamanders, you know

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I hope they feel they are getting value for money.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X