• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brian Cox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you were talking about this fella
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Cojak has a fancy for Cox, I believe.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Cojak has a fancy for Cox, I believe.
        I thought one or two or you did.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I don't mind Brian Cox. It's better that than nothing and he seems to be doing a lot to popularise science.

This guy can be annoying to listen to:

Interesting programmes, but I'd prefer another presenter.
          HE used to stay at the end of my road but then again better the devil you know, these twats used to stay across the road.

Comment

Helon Skelton...

]

She is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, and knows his stuff; but I can't abide his perpetual window licking grin.

People who constantly grin for no apparent reason are at best disconcerting and often creepy and sinister, and for me that makes his documentaries utterly unwatchable, despite the interesting subject matter.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Cox was also a guest on the seven hundredth Sky At Night last night. What an institution Sir Patrick Moore is and how sad it will be when he stops, which can't be long now.

Sir Patrick Moore - My 700 appearances on The Sky at Night - Telegraph

Comment

I tried watching the show last night but just found it so slow going. It took 5 minutes of waffle and a ton of fancy graphics to explain rather simple concepts and I got very bored so I flipped it over to 'Civilisation: Is the west history?' on Ch4+1.

Many of my friends have said they've learnt more from Cox in one hour than they did at school in years... Perhaps I just had a good teacher..?
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Given the comments, perhaps it's time that the BBC aired some programmes that go a little deeper, with mathematics and everything. I'm sure Cox is more than capable of doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      If it's the 700th edition, he's appeared on 699 since he missed one after eating a rather less than choice duck egg some years ago.
                      The BBC don't pay him either according to the article! WTF

Comment

Working...
                      X