• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toyota UA stuff.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I lubricate my trunnions vigorously.

I think he also used string when his wipers stopped working, but that might have been someone else.
    There are a remarkable number of things you can fix on a Series III Landrover with nothing more than string and gaffer tape. And the occasional dab of WD40.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I vaguely remember when I was a boy, the throttle linkage on our family car broke and my dad fashioned a new one out of a bit of my Meccano set.

I suppose if it ever happens to me I'll have to appropriate doodab jr's Nintendo for use as a replacement engine management unit or something.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I suppose if it ever happens to me I'll have to appropriate doodab jr's Nintendo for use as a replacement engine management unit or something.
        I have actually navigated the space shuttle back to earth by using my iPhone. The hardest bit was bodging the cable to connect it up, of course (there's no bluetooth receiver on the control panel....)

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          There are a remarkable number of things you can fix on a Series III Landrover with nothing more than string and gaffer tape. And the occasional dab of WD40.

bale band

for the authentic touch

That kept the top of my driver's door from flapping in the wind for nearly a year.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X