• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Insurance ruling re women drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So all that will happen is that by removing sex from the risk calculation should recalibrate the weightings associated with jobs.

So

Cook
    Cleaner
    Dishwasher
    Prostitute
    Housewife
    Nurse
    Secretary

Should still be lowly weighted.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      So all that will happen is that by removing sex from the risk calculation should recalibrate the weightings associated with jobs.

So

Cook
      Cleaner
      Dishwasher
      Prostitute
      Housewife
      Nurse
      Secretary

Should still be lowly weighted.
      But they can all have men doing them.

And any man with sense who say is a "Chef" is going to call himself a "Cook" if it gets him lower insurance premiums. This trick you can already legally utilise and I do

Edited to say: My current insurer doesn't actually care about that they just class you in a skills category i.e. manual, professional, semi-professional
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Edited to say: My current insurer doesn't actually care about that they just class you in a skills category i.e. manual, professional, semi-professional
        And you, love, must be in squirrel haters group?

Comment

I think the word contractor is far better than prostitute. It's what I use on most forms.

I still need a long shower at the end of the day but it's worth it.

Comment

Women have been moaning about discrimination in particular in the work place for years with enormous success. It is conveniently ignored that women and men are different, particularly with regards to having children being mostly more important on a woman's agenda than work. This is why women are paid less,why they tend to work in convenient jobs such as HR, and why they do not work as directors of boards of companies. yet they scream that they want it both ways-equal pay, equal opportunities, no discrimination at the prospect of them going off and having children.

Well now they have it both ways, they can have the same pay and they can pay the same as men for their f***ing insurance.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Well now they have it both ways, they can have the same pay and they can pay the same as men for their f***ing insurance.
              Just because your car insurance will go up it does not mean you can take it out on us

Comment

Women have been moaning about discrimination in particular in the work place for years with enormous success. It is conveniently ignored that women and men are different, particularly with regards to having children being mostly more important on a woman's agenda than work. This is why women are paid less,why they tend to work in convenient jobs such as HR, and why they do not work as directors of boards of companies. yet they scream that they want it both ways-equal pay, equal opportunities, no discrimination at the prospect of them going off and having children.

Still not getting any?

Comment

Women have been moaning about nothing in particular with enormous success since the dawn of time.
                  ftfy!
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    But they can all have men doing them.
                    And any man with sense who say is a "Chef" is going to call himself a "Cook" if it gets him lower insurance premiums. This trick you can already legally utilise and I do

Of course. But you're missing the point.

There will be a statisical weighting associated with jobs. Where they could be 50/50 then it wouldn't change, where there are more men (like computer programmer) then it would include the male weighting, where primary school teacher, then weighted towards women.

It will be inherent in jobs. Unless of course your unemployed.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Women have been moaning about nothing in particular with enormous success since the dawn of time.
                      Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      ftfy!
                      You just need to learn how to make them happy.

Comment

Working...
                      X