• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Insurance ruling re women drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Ok, you get your squirrel costume on and I'll pretend to be a russian businessman who's just recived some facinating news about his lunch.

or do you want to play bullies and betwetters again?
    Let's do both.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Because you wouldn't notice.
      Nonsense. The huge blip in the trademark flatlining mediocrity would stand out like a sore thumb.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Nonsense. The huge blip in the trademark flatlining mediocrity would stand out like a sore thumb.
        Nah. I don't reckon you can really chuck that accusation in this case.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Life related insurance’s (including pensions) tended to pay out more to men due to shorter life spans, so to make them equal they will pay out the same as women.

Basically any risk evaluation that uses gender is now illegal
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            It's OK, you know.

Comment

I think the ruling is fair because in my experience, women often drive on a man’s insurance as a second driver. When the woman has an accident, the man then loses his no claim bonus. On all accidents in involving me, it has been women driver hitting the rear of the car while I was stationary. On three occasions the women drivers just drove off after the accident.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                On all accidents in involving me, it has been women driver hitting the rear of the car while I was stationary. On three occasions the women drivers just drove off after the accident.
                You didn't score then?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If they ruled that women and old people should drive a lot faster I'd be all in favour.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just think of all the brass we can make on bringing the insurance systems inline...

Another thing, can't we tell the ECoJ to go **** themselves?
                    (respectfully of course)

Comment

Well I, for one, welcome this legislation. Anything that gets that f**king "Sheilas Wheels" advert of the telly gets my vote.
                      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                      X