• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Certificates of No Impediment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certificates of No Impediment

Doe anyone no what this is and where I can get one?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

I could guess, but can I ask who is asking for one?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Asking

My friend who has no access to the internet has asked me?

Comment

Wedding bells

It is a legal document stating that the individual named on it is legally entitled to get married and knows of no known impediment to getting hitched.

My wife and I got married in Italy and I had to get one issued through the FCO via the British Consulate in Florence. It involved putting announcements in newspapers and waiting to see if anyone objected. If you want to know more let me know!

Comment

Just go to your local Town Hall office, they make a small charge for the service (both passports and two utility bills required). I married my Spanish wife last year in Malaga but the CNI is valid in any European country.

Good luck.

Comment

Is Fleetie on holiday today?

"KNOW".

tim

Comment

Apostille

Feck, so I need an Apostille as well!! Apparently this authenticates the authenticator. Who authenticates the people who do the apostilles?

I am almost starting to regret my decision to get married....

Anyway thanks for the semi knowledgable replies.

Comment

I am almost starting to regret my decision to get married
                Speaking as one who is getting divorced , I would strongly advise you against getting married, particularly if you're a contractor. Don't say you weren't warned.
                We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
                  Speaking as one who is getting divorced , I would strongly advise you against getting married, particularly if you're a contractor. Don't say you weren't warned.
                  Are you changing your name to ex-Caddy?

signed ex-Mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves
                    Just go to your local Town Hall office, they make a small charge for the service (both passports and two utility bills required).
                    Oh right, as usual if you don't have an electricity bill you don't really exist. Grr.

Comment

Working...
                    X