• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B. I need one.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Sounds good. Fancy it?
    Nah. The thought having the kids under my feet all day.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      Spreadbetter. It's a sure thing and you dont have to think or deal with people. Just sit at home in front of the computer and watch the dosh pile in.
      WHS - trading is great because you don't have to look for work as the markets are open and trades are always there regardless of the state of the economy. Also you don't have to deal with people - no emails, phone calls, clients, agents, people asking for this that and the other etc.

You do need some decent capital to make consistent money with sensible risk (don't risk more than 1-2% of your account on any single trade and aim for realistic returns). And you don't have to learn about market fundamentals/economics etc (unless you want to) you can trade entirely off chart patterns/signals.

You can also choose to trade the longer timeframes which means you don't have to sit in front of charts all day, just check once/twice a day and most of the time you'll be out of the market anyway.

2-5% a month is quite achievable taking only 3-4 trades a month on the daily time frame. With a 6 figure account that can be quite a nice way of life...

And as an extra bonus you can wind up Atw when he gets on his soapbox about dirty spekulants
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        I've had enough of this contracting lark now, I need a plan B that will earn me loadsadosh but for much less effort.

Suggestions? I'm not creative, and I hate most people. HTH.
        Good luck with that and let me know when you find it. In the meantime my Pension Plan is to die young.

Comment

Airport parking scam.

Wait a minute...
          Pearson, of Ashdene Road, Wilmslow, earlier pleaded guilty to fraud, and obtaining services dishonestly, totalling £7,200.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

If I were you MP, I would start running to the shops instead of walking. Then start running to and from friends and parents and school. pretty soon you will be fit and you can enter the London Olympics and win a Gold medal for Britain.
            then you can write a book about it, make a film and then retire.

I only want 10% for the idea

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              Another tip: when you post a link you should say SFW of NSFW, some people are working on client site.
              If in doubt, hover over the link and read the destination in the status bar. It can sometimes give a hint.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                If I were you MP, I would start running to the shops instead of walking. Then start running to and from friends and parents and school. pretty soon you will be fit and you can enter the London Olympics and win a Gold medal for Britain.
                then you can write a book about it, make a film and then retire.

I only want 10% for the idea

I resent the suggestion that athletics is all as easy as that. Over here in the throwers section, our spartan training regime involves the lifting and throwing of heavy objects interspersed with the consumption of several grilled chicken legs between each exercise and demanding visits to Argentinian style barbecues. Aside from that there´s the tough job of elbowing all the runners out of the way to get enough space for one´s bags, clothes and large posterior in the changing rooms.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  WHS - trading is great because you don't have to look for work as the markets are open and trades are always there regardless of the state of the economy. Also you don't have to deal with people - no emails, phone calls, clients, agents, people asking for this that and the other etc.

You do need some decent capital to make consistent money with sensible risk (don't risk more than 1-2% of your account on any single trade and aim for realistic returns). And you don't have to learn about market fundamentals/economics etc (unless you want to) you can trade entirely off chart patterns/signals.

You can also choose to trade the longer timeframes which means you don't have to sit in front of charts all day, just check once/twice a day and most of the time you'll be out of the market anyway.

2-5% a month is quite achievable taking only 3-4 trades a month on the daily time frame. With a 6 figure account that can be quite a nice way of life...

And as an extra bonus you can wind up Atw when he gets on his soapbox about dirty spekulants
                  Can you give us any pointers as to how one can get started? Any primers? I'd love to earn my money sat on my backside in the comf big ones or little ones?

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                    Spreadbetter. .
                    I've spent too long on CUK. I read that as bedwetter.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                      Can you give us any pointers as to how one can get started? Any primers? I'd love to earn my money sat on my backside in the comf big ones or little ones?
                      Forex Training Online: Learn Foreign Exchange (FX) Currency Trading

Have fun - and don't lose too much!
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X