• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil price jumps to $104 a barrel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "average property in the capital costing 430,680 pounds."

And what kind of after tax salary is necessary to afford this average property?
    Minimum wage as long as you put down a £400K deposit.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Minimum wage as long as you put down a £400K deposit. HTH
      Ok, so you think minimum wage £5k+ per year is ok to borrow £30k?

Comment

Ok, so you think minimum wage £5k+ per year is ok to borrow £30k?
        Depends what the rest of your income is
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          They release a rich coffee aroma when ground and can be added to hot water to make a tasty beverage.
          You are better of selling them on then drinking them - coffee prices
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

"average property in the capital costing 430,680 pounds."

And what kind of after tax salary is necessary to afford this average property?
            A 25 year mortgage on £430,000 at 4.5% will cost you £2,416 a month in mortgage payments.

To get the loan based on the Halifax lending criteria you'd need to be earning in the region of £65000 to get a 75% mortgage on that amount on a 25 year term.

Average income in London in 2010 was £39,000.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              A 25 year mortgage on £430,000 at 4.5% will cost you £2,416 a month in mortgage payments.

To get the loan based on the Halifax lending criteria you'd need to be earning in the region of £65000 to get a 75% mortgage on that amount on a 25 year term.

Average income in London in 2010 was £39,000.
              So Mr and Mrs Average in London (both working) could afford that and have two holidays in Disneyland ever year and buy an Aygo and an Eco Shed?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                A 25 year mortgage on £430,000 at 4.5% will cost you £2,416 a month in mortgage payments. To get the loan based on the Halifax lending criteria you'd need to be earning in the region of £65000 to get a 75% mortgage on that amount on a 25 year term. Average income in London in 2010 was £39,000.
                £39k salary is £2,402.85 monthly net wage - so this already makes this "average" house out of the reach.

£65k salary is £3,721.70 net - 65% of net income spent on mortgage, and that using very low interest rates of 4.5%!!!

Clearly this average house price is totally unrelated to average salary and thus the market is completely and utterly overpriced.

For this reason I am out.

Comment

£39k salary is £2,402.85 monthly net wage - so this already makes this "average" house out of the reach.

£65k salary is £3,721.70 net - 65% of net income spent on mortgage, and that using very low interest rates of 4.5%!!!

Clearly this average house price is totally unrelated to average salary and thus the market is completely and utterly overpriced.

For this reason I am out.
                  Most people buy as a couple so you can double the salary.

If you are waiting for 3x income house prices, prepare to die waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    If you are waiting for 3x income house prices, prepare to die waiting.
                    I've chosen to increase my income instead

Comment

I've chosen to increase my income instead
                      Good plan.

That's the way I look at everything.

Nothing is overpriced, you are just underwealthy.

Comment

Working...
                      X