• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's Spring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coriander, basil, thyme and chilli seedlings on the window sill.

Digging up the raised veg beds for this years crop yet to be decided. All the garden herbs have been cut back and those that were cut last year are starting to come up nicely.

Fruit trees pruned!

All the spring bulbs are starting to come up as well

Might give spuds a whirl and strawberries in hanging baskets as well.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      Due to moving to a property with a garden I have decided to give the “grow your own veg” a go, I have potatoes chitting on the kitchen windowsill & seedlings in the airing cupboard & after 9 months the coffee plants are still alive (well 6 of them) it’s all quite exciting in a sad sort of way.

Any others growing their own this year (or are you all boomed contractors who just get it shipped in from Abel & Cole?)
      I'd have thought the stuff you'd be interested in growing could be grown in your loft - assuming it's well insulated.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        I'd have thought the stuff you'd be interested in growing could be grown in your loft - assuming it's well insulated.
        Actually don’t do those: it makes BGG ill & I can have random drugs tests at work; not worth losing your job over.
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          Actually don’t do those: it makes BGG ill & I can have random drugs tests at work; not worth losing your job over.
          Does it not help with his symptoms? I've heard it said that some instances it can.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Does it not help with his symptoms? I've heard it said that some instances it can.
            Not been able to get past the vomiting to work that out
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              My snowdrops are looking rather fine at the moment.

The wild strawberry plants seem to have ambitions to take over the entire garden*.

The berries taste nice though.

*The small part of the garden that the mint has left.
              Am planning to plant some horseradish, albeit in the raised beds, otherwise it will take over the garden
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Not to mention parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
                Yep

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Asparagus & Spinach fresh from the Garden are incredible!

Half the kitchen covered in seedlings, wife is going mental.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A couple of more weeks here in N Ireland before I start planting out.

I've just picked the last of last years sprouts, cleaned out the greenhouse and started cleaning my pots.

This year I'm going to try and grow fewer plants and hopefully improve the quantity and quality of everything I grow.

Must say thanks to EO for some seeds he sent me that were purely for decoration.
                    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Working...
                    X