• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cringe-inducing Interview Answers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
    Climbin Aoraki in New Zealand!

I had always wanted to climb it and took me years to get good enough to be able to tackle it! Even then I wanted to give up and only managed it because of my own personal drive and the great team around me!

How about you!
    Cracking the half-pass!
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Cracking the half-pass!
      That's something to do with gymkhana right? My sister was in to horses in a big way back home!

Nice!

Comment

That's something to do with gymkhana right? My sister was in to horses in a big way back home!

Nice!
        You seem very knowledgable. Is your sister any good at knitting, btw?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I was interviewing for a couple of BI roles some years back and my first question was always
          "What is Business Intelligence?"

One memorable chap said that if he went into a shop and saw some pencils at 50p each but then saw some other pencils in another shop at 40p each, he would buy the 40p pencils - and that was Business Intelligence.

Shortest interview EVER

And don't start me on the tosser who actually ANSWERED HIS PHONE during an interview
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            One memorable chap said that if he went into a shop and saw some pencils at 50p each but then saw some other pencils in another shop at 40p each, he would buy the 40p pencils - and that was Business Intelligence.
            I knew I shouldn't have asked MarillionFan for interview tips
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              You seem very knowledgable. Is your sister any good at knitting, btw?
              No? Shes a lawyer! ???????

Comment

My sister was in to horses in a big way back home!
                She's probably on xHamster somewhere then
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  I was interviewing for a couple of BI roles some years back and my first question was always
                  "What is Business Intelligence?"

Shortest interview EVER

And don't start me on the tosser who actually ANSWERED HIS PHONE during an interview

Isn't it interesting being on the other side of the fence and seeing the 'competition'?! I've only interviewed a couple of times and was truly astounded. One woman demanded that as she'd had to walk "miles" to get the building (i.e. around a quarter of a mile from the train station) that I let her have a 20 minute break and make her a cuppa while she was recovering.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

After a long time on the bench I've been trying for permie jobs.
                    In my experience no matter how good your are technically,
                    Getting a permie job depends on the answer to these bulltulip questions

Why do you want to work for this company
                    where do you see yourself in 5 years
                    what do you look for in a job
                    how would your ex-manager/colleagues describe you
                    what are your strengths/weakness
                    what motivates you
                    what do you dislike about a job
                    what is the biggest challenge you have have faced at work
                    Describe a difficult situation which, with hindsight, you could have handled better

Comment

I've always found "tell me about yourself" to completely pointless. They've got the c.v., often had a phone chat, decided they like what they've seen/heard so far and asked you along, then, it seems, they want to start all over again.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                      X