• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speeding camera fines.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    My favourite example is people who vear onto a grass verge, one pair of wheels on the tarmac, one pair on the grass, slding along wondering why they're not slowing down as quick as they'd like.
    Your last word raises a very good point. They may like to slow down quicker, but they are probably slowing down as quickly as they can. A very different thing.

Comment

Unless you have a "real" ABS and not the sort that is generally fitted to road cars, you won't.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        Unless you have a "real" ABS and not the sort that is generally fitted to road cars, you won't.
        Now we've got back to where we started. I agress ABS isn't necessarily a panacea. But for most of the people most of the time it will give them their best chance of being able to take avoiding action.

Of course for me I'd have been alert enough and with adequeate seperation so that the situation could not have arisen anyway.

Comment

In normal road cars I can outbrake the ABS in all conditions.

In my not so normal cars we're about equal. Sometimes it's better, sometimes I'm better.

Comment

I often suggest to people who regularly have the ABS 'come on' that they'd do the world and themselves a great favour by staying off the roads.

Comment

Working...
            X