• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    But Jaffa Cakes you're right, definitely not.
    But there might be squid ink in Jaffa Cakes as a food colouring. Discussion.

Mmmmm. Deep fried battered Jaffa Cakes.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If it was Seafood Carbonara, would this make more sense?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Linky

Comment

So what's on today's menu?

Red Herring with Thread Noodles?

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            So what's on today's menu?

Red Herring with Thread Noodles?

It should be the seafood calamari today.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              It should be the seafood calamari today.
              Does that come with Wild Goose Chase Surprise?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Does that come with Wild Goose Chase Surprise?
                No. Wild Game Foul Bird Feathered Friend Goose Chase Surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
                  FFS, having the "X" there was the entire point of what I wrote.

There's nothing wrong with a place advertising "Espresso Coffee", because there aren't any redundant words there. Espresso is a type of coffee*, as is instant or filter. Without the "X", there is no error.
                  Not convinced. We discussed redundant words and you used "espresso coffee" as an example. Which IS a valid example because espresso IS coffee like calamari IS squid.

The X is clearly your own gaffe. 'fess up and be seen as more of a man for it.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Not convinced. We discussed redundant words and you used "espresso coffee" as an example. Which IS a valid example because espresso IS coffee like calamari IS squid.

The X is clearly your own gaffe. 'fess up and be seen as more of a man for it.
                    Yeah I admitted I'm a muppet

Comment

Not convinced.
                      Don't care.

We discussed redundant words...
                      No we didn't. Redundant wording is there, but it's not the main reason why "seafood calamari" is so stupid.

...and you used "espresso coffee" as an example.
                      Perhaps you were discussing redundant words, but redundant wording, while present, isn't why I originally raised an eyebrow (redundant words not being the sole or even primary reason why "seafood calamari" is so ridiculous) - I was referring to places that have obvious errors in their menus and signwriting. I was toying with the idea of using "pizza's" as my example instead, yet avoided it because I thought it would result in the exact same problem that "expresso" clearly has.

Which IS a valid example because espresso IS coffee like calamari IS squid.
                      If you want to be technical "espresso coffee" is a valid example, but I personally don't find it as cringeworthy as "Expresso". More than likely a cafe has advertised espresso coffee to highlight to potential customers that they're not serving that filter rubbish.

The original example was "seafood calamari", which doesn't work. Yes, there's the redundant wording, but that's not why I raised it. It's absurd because it's advertised as if calamari is some recipe into which seafood is tossed. Hence my example of "poultry chicken".
                      You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Working...
                      X