• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
    I hate to point out the obvious...
    Definately don't get it. I get the impression you think you're being clever .....

The menu item selected by me was "Seafood calamari". So the problem with the words you highlighted in the OP is?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Definately don't get it. I get the impression you think you're being clever .....

The menu item selected by me was "Seafood calamari". So the problem with the words you highlighted in the OP is?

The problem is that the wording is absurd. You wouldn't order "Poultry Chicken" or "Seafood Prawns", would you? But from what you've written above it looks as though that's what their menu said, as opposed to what you've called it yourself, in which case they're muppets. Is this the type of place that boasts about serving expresso coffee, by any chance?
      You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

The problem is that the wording is absurd. You wouldn't order "Poultry Chicken" or "Seafood Prawns", would you? But from what you've written above it looks as though that's what their menu said, as opposed to what you've called it yourself, in which case they're muppets. Is this the type of place that boasts about serving expresso coffee, by any chance?
        The calamari contained prawns, mussels and salmon as well as squid.

Comment

Is this the type of place that boasts about serving expresso coffee, by any chance?
          Now is that their stupidity, or yours accidentally exposed?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Ooooh good one. Missed that, too busy watching Fulham v Chelsea.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I have a slight hunch GL was being sarky.

My work canteen does a fabbo poultry chicken though.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

I have a slight hunch GL was being sarky.

My work canteen does a fabbo poultry chicken though.
                Really? Doogie and I have a hunch he has just been exposed.

Comment

Really? Doogie and I have a hunch he has just been exposed.
                  Read the thread through again! He was just wondering whether a place that advertises 'seafood calamari' might also perhaps be the type of place to call espresso, expresso (like most of my colleagues)

that's a tenner please
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Read the thread through again! He was just wondering whether a place that advertises 'seafood calamari' might also perhaps be the type of place to call espresso, expresso (like most of my colleagues)

that's a tenner please
                    How wrong you are. He was pointing out redundant words, eg espresso coffee, should just read espresso, the word coffee is redundant. Just as potentially seafood calamari has a redundant word. In his eagerness to be a fug smucker he exposed himself as an illiterate cretin (I can't spell accommodation so he's in good company ).

So, how d'you like them apples?

Comment

The calamari contained prawns, mussels and salmon as well as squid.
                      <sigh>

What they meant was "fruits de mer" but that was waaaaay beyond them so they should have gone for "mixed seafood platter".

Calamari is fried squid. It does not contain other things.

HTH
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X