• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nokia dumps Symbian and gets into bed be with Microsoft.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    iphone

Bad signal sensitivity
    Too fragile
    Very poor battery life

I've owned both a 3G and iPhone 4 and none of those points are remotely the case in my experience.

As for Nokia & MS, looks a good move to me, from what i've seen of Win 7 Phone, it looks slick (If I didn't have the Iphone, it'd be that for me instead of Android) and Nokia is still a trusted, respected name so smart move for both parties IMO.
    Last edited by Durbs; 11 February 2011, 18:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
      As for Nokia & MS, looks a good move to me, from what i've seen of Win 7 Phone, it looks slick (If I didn't have the Iphone, it'd be that for me instead of Android) and Nokia is still a trusted, respected name so smart move for both parties IMO.
      As it happens I've been reading a fair bit about Nokia since last summer, and I think they lost it. The phone I got in 2007 had me fighting not just with the interface, but with the physical buttons too. Their fancy new GUI wasn't a patch on the text interface that I had on its 1998 vintage predecessor (and I had a brief interlude with a Sony Ericsson which was a pile of poo).

Interesting comment on Nokia - Nokia: An Excess of Cleverness, where they compare it with Apple's fortunes, pretty graphs and all.

Apple can get away with this less efficient process because it produces one phone at a time. Nokia has 89 different phone models available currently in Europe (link).
      Last edited by Sysman; 11 February 2011, 18:47.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
        Nokia share price didn't agree and neither did my non-English speaking colleagues.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X