• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 days in and still not PC in sight....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Ah, but NorthWhingerWannabePermie can't do that - haven't you read the thread?
    Sorry, I forgot wannabe permies don't have such thing as initiative
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I got bored reading all the bickering, did I miss the part where he sid why he can't install dev tools on the PC he does have? And copy stuff off someone else's PC so he can get going?

Doesn't seem to be much of a can-do attitude here.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I got bored reading all the bickering, did I miss the part where he sid why he can't install dev tools on the PC he does have? And copy stuff off someone else's PC so he can get going?

Doesn't seem to be much of a can-do attitude here.
        To be fair many clients have their PC's locked down and it's not possible to install software or tools even if you have access to the source code on the network. In secure environments the CD/DVD drives and USB ports are often disabled.

Yes he's moaned a lot, but some of the "suggestions" on this thread have been absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          I had a 2 month wait once, so ended up bringing in my own laptop and used my hotmail account for e-mails after 3 weeks.
          Cool, two months!
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Sorry guys, now got too busy to reply, especially to some of the pathetic posts. Chill out guys, why do you take everything so seriously? I am very happy in my current contract, was just wanting to move very quickly - perhaps some of you have very short memories and can't remember the first post?

Been doing plenty of work in the last 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              Sorry guys, now got too busy to reply, especially to some of the pathetic posts. Chill out guys, why do you take everything so seriously? I am very happy in my current contract, was just wanting to move very quickly - perhaps some of you have very short memories and can't remember the first post?

Been doing plenty of work in the last 24 hours.
              Excellent. 3 days worth of billing. Well played.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
              X