• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 days in and still not PC in sight....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    How are you going to do that if there is no PC which has been allocated to you yet or no PC in stock?
    Check if someone has left and their computer is not collected yet. Have you been to the "empty" stock room yet. I was at one place (Germany) that didn't deliver the PC as they had no UK keyboard, told them I had my own, fixed! Check if someone needs help etc.

You will get used to this sort of thing, can you bring your own laptop to do some doc etc?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      What the others said.

Gentle reminders once a week on the missing equipment (show you are keen to get going), don't nag, don't whinge, help others, smile, invoice.

Good luck.
      WDPS

It's like that bit in Trainspotting where Renton is telling Spud that he has to make it look like he's trying to get the job so that his dole won't get stopped. But he can't try too hard or he might get the job.

You have to appear keen, so that they know you're not a waster, but not too keen otherwise you might have to do some w*rk.

Comment

Are you a permitractor?

What's wrong with your LtdCo laptop?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I had this once but was given special permission to use my own laptop.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

as the others have said, can you not bring in your lappy and get it approved to go on the network ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              as the others have said, can you not bring in your lappy and get it approved to go on the network ?

What did I say about not being too keen?

Comment

There are many reasons why all the above is not possible. I'll let you use your imagination to figure out why...

Comment

There are many reasons why all the above is not possible. I'll let you use your imagination to figure out why...
                  Are you SC?
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Indeed, only 1 client in the past 20 years would allow kit that they hadn't built onto their corporate network and that place was a total shambles.

Comment

you don't own a laptop ?

Comment

Working...
                      X