• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 days in and still not PC in sight....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing the project you are working on has nothing to do with delivering a new IT Asset Management system?
    Is that a job you missed out on? Sounds interesting...

Comment

FFS, stop making excuses and take yer fecking laptop in AND WORK IN THE CANTEEN. Or Reception. Or in your car in the car park. Or in the coffee shop across the road. Or in the hotel. Or at home.

Or go and sit in Manchester City Council City Hall and work there and be glad you've got a gig in Manchester at long last.

Just tell ClientCo colleagues where you can be found.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        FFS, stop making excuses and take yer fecking laptop in AND WORK IN THE CANTEEN. Or Reception. Or in your car in the car park. Or in the coffee shop across the road. Or in the hotel. Or at home.

Or go and sit in Manchester City Council City Hall and work there and be glad you've got a gig in Manchester at long last.

What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You're there to make money, not to make software. On target so far, chill out.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Utterly ridiculous, I'm gobsmacked you could post such tripe.

Comment

I had this once, no PC , and not much to do. It was building an app for an agency no less.

After a few days, I was so fed up , I went round to the local shop and bought a box full of lollies and ice creams (it was a hot day)
              I went to the meeting room and knocked on the door and proceeded to hand out the lollies to the MD and all the other managers and dudes, saying 'I may as well make myself useful till my PC arrives'

After the meeting the MD winked at me and the IT manager pulled me aside - 'Could you get more lollies and less ice cream next time. it made a bit of a mess'

Sure enough - three and a half weeks later, I got my machine

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                EO, you makes I laugh
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I had this once, no PC , and not much to do. It was building an app for an agency no less.

After a few days, I was so fed up , I went round to the local shop and bought a box full of lollies and ice creams (it was a hot day)
                  I went to the meeting room and knocked on the door and proceeded to hand out the lollies to the MD and all the other managers and dudes, saying 'I may as well make myself useful till my PC arrives'

After the meeting the MD winked at me and the IT manager pulled me aside - 'Could you get more lollies and less ice cream next time. it made a bit of a mess'

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    If, at the end of a week, all you can contribute to a project is nothing constructive because you haven't got Visio, then I'd be looking to dump you as soon as possible.
                    What I have done in similar situations is to get stuck into documentation using those old fashioned things called pencil and paper. A pile of notes is hard to argue with.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Lord do you ever stop whinging?
                      First you were whinging about becoming a contractor.
                      Then you were whinging about getting a contract near home
                      Then you were whinging about contract extensions
                      Then you were whinging about them dropping your rate
                      Now you're whinging about having a contract, but not having Effing visio on your machine.

Shut the feck up will you and grow a pair.
                      I have only ever had 1 contract where everything I needed was there on day one. Just deal with, stop moaning and look busy so that clientco don't think they've made a mistake in hiring you
                      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X