• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How would you invest £100,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maximus
    Having never paid for it in my life (except with my soul) how do you define a "high class whore"?

Is there a price threshold where the common slut becomes a middle / high class whore ... just curious
    Yes at a certain price threshold they speak proper like and you can converse with them at an exalted Threaded-like level. It's the difference between Tara Heatherington-Smythe from Surrey and Shazza from Barking, innit?

PS Never paid for it either. Just letting my rather over-active imagination drift a little. And now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to touch meself.
    Last edited by sasguru; 28 February 2006, 10:39.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
      My aim would be to create an income stream of circa £3000 - £5000 per month, from passive investments.
      That's 36% - 60% p.a. From passive investments? Bloody Hell!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran
        isn't the golden rule - 1/3 in stocks / business, 1/3 in gold / cash & 1/3 in property?
        A person should always divide his possessions into three parts. One third should be in hard currency, one third should be invested in merchandise, and one third should be in real estate. (Talmud: Bava Metziah: 42).

Quite an old piece of advice really.

Comment

you'd still be working every day and earning money -- to do what with?
          I dunno..spend it or summat? Jeez I'm so old fashioned.

Or I could leave it all tied up so that I can live off a fraction of it until I shuffle off, whereby someone else gets it (mainly the taxman)...

Comment

Originally posted by expat
            That's 36% - 60% p.a. From passive investments? Bloody Hell!
            Lol no, I meant eventually that's the income I'd like to generate, which of course will require a far larger capital base. Though if you know of any 36% cash flow investments, I'm in!

And for those who talk about "why save and invest, cuz ur just gonna die anyway" ... well you do have a point and if that's what you want to do, great, go ahead and do it. I too am tempted sometimes, as my pool table and lovely big plasma TV highlight.

I'm just thinking of my future and my childrens' futures. I'd like to have the option to retire early if possible, and still have a decent income at the end of each month.

So while you may choose to work until you're 70, and then retire on a pension of £500/ month, there are those who plan a bit more, save a bit more, and retire at, say, 50 on a pension of £2,000 / month [for example].

Comment

FFS, if any of you guys have spare cash, do what's "fair" and pay the taxman. Every little helps.

Bloody "silly" contractors.....

Comment

Lol no, I meant eventually that's the income I'd like to generate, which of course will require a far larger capital base. Though if you know of any 36% cash flow investments, I'm in!

And for those who talk about "why save and invest, cuz ur just gonna die anyway" ... well you do have a point and if that's what you want to do, great, go ahead and do it. I too am tempted sometimes, as my pool table and lovely big plasma TV highlight.

I'm just thinking of my future and my childrens' futures. I'd like to have the option to retire early if possible, and still have a decent income at the end of each month.

So while you may choose to work until you're 70, and then retire on a pension of £500/ month, there are those who plan a bit more, save a bit more, and retire at, say, 50 on a pension of £2,000 / month [for example].
                And pay the taxman 20%...

Comment

I too am tempted sometimes, as my pool table and lovely big plasma TV highlight. .
                  Apoloies for blatant disregard for T&Cs, but cant resist a bit of advertising for a very good friend of mine.

If you need a quality pool table (or snooker) at a reasonable price try...

http://www.sovereignleisure.co.uk/
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

How touching.

Yet there is no future except that of the Governments Glory and you will have to sacrifice all for the great Victory of NLEngSoc doubleplusgood.

Donate your money to the War Effort for Victory against the Eurasians.

Doubleplusgood.
                    If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Central-Scrutiniser
                      How touching.

Yet there is no future except that of the Governments Glory and you will have to sacrifice all for the great Victory of NLEngSoc doubleplusgood.

Donate your money to the War Effort for Victory against the Eurasians.

Doubleplusgood.
                      If I had 100K I would use the money to hire a hitman to eliminate you for being a tedious bore.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X