• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The clue is in the bloody name!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    MF and Sasguru thank you for your contribution to the thread. Constructive as always.
    Old Chinese Proverb say 'A crap thread gathers many crap posts'
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Richard Reid wouldn't fit into your profiling by name theory but he's still the reason I have dirty socks by the time I get home.
      Richard Reid didn't work for an airline and I would have hoped that any vetting would have highlighted his and his fathers criminal tendencies.

Comment

A dope-smoking Ministry of Justice worker made two hoax bomb calls in a bid to go home early, a court heard.

Andre Lake, 26, who was an administration officer in the Youth Justice Office for four months, posed as the building's head of security when he made his second call.

Lake admitted making 999 calls at 7.15am and 8.20am as he "no longer enjoyed his work" , City of Westminster magistrates' court heard yesterday.
        Ministry of Justice worker made bomb hoax calls in bid to go home early - mirror.co.uk
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Old Chinese Proverb say 'A crap thread gathers no responses whatsoever'.
          ftfy.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Old Chinese Proverb say 'A crap thread gathers many crap posts'
            Slowly slowly catchee monkee .....
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Richard Reid didn't work for an airline and I would have hoped that any vetting would have highlighted his and his fathers criminal tendencies.
              The vetting process for a call centre is based on "will you work for minimum wage and take abuse from angry customers?"

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Slowly slowly catchee monkee .....
                Good point.

There's no use crying over dacryostenosis.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The vetting process for a call centre is based on "will you work for minimum wage and take abuse from angry customers?"
                  As it would appear. I wonder if the same can be said for "Airport Security" at Manchester Airport.

Comment

Richard Reid wouldn't fit into your profiling by name theory but he's still the reason I have dirty socks by the time I get home.
                    True, but he looked like a mong so profiling could work
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

As it would appear. I wonder if the same can be said for "Airport Security" at Manchester Airport.
                      Based on experience during my student days.... yes.

Hopefully it's got better since the early ninetes but this is not the impression I have from the four flights I catch each week.

Comment

Working...
                      X