• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harsh but educational

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Sorry to be harsh SY, but this was a classic piece of bad parenting.
    The first kid should learn plumbing, second should be vehicle maintenance, followed by bricklaying, the law, accountancy, animal husbandry then martial arts. To teach carpentry and furniture design, out of sequence is just sad. very sad.

Ah I wondered why you were an ace seamstress
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Obedient and well behaved children is my major desire.
      If this was a question about IT Contracting we'd be be blaming the manager. Direction always comes from above.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        If this was a question about IT Contracting we'd be be blaming the manager. Direction always comes from above.
        You read the OP and understood it, right?

Comment

The lesson is don’t but furniture from Ikea
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            The lesson is don’t but furniture from Ikea
            Wilkinson

Comment

I believe the appropriate place for this is here.

Comment

Wilkinson
                If you invest in Indian furniture it is perfect for kids. It is solid built, lasts for ever and if they scratch it you can wax it out and so it looks as good as new.

They say you can tell a lot about a person by the nest of tables he has in his house. BTW. You've done a lovely job fixing them.

What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Obedient and well behaved children is my major desire.
                  That's how Gary Glitter got into trouble.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

SY04 relished in coming to tell us what SY03 had done, being the typical pesky little brother.
                    Back in the days, I recall my father punished my big sister for continually grassing me up every time I broke something. Usually she was daddy's girl, and I would end up being yelled at or receiving a red backside if it was really bad, but this time he just surprised us.

Looking back now, it was actually an important lesson for adult life and the 'real world'. Nobody likes a grass....

Comment

... but SY03 will not stand on a table and break it without remembering to threaten his grassing little brother with death if he squeals again. Plus he understood the lengths we had to go to, for a moment of bad judgement and will get his revenge in due course. He also learned a lot about measuring, marking and drilling and how to take things apart and where Daddy hides his power tools.
                      FTFY

Your furniture's wrecked, SY04's doomed, anything held together with screws is fukced, anything that can be drilled is fukced.

When SY02 realises what you've done (embittered and empowered a sullen 6 year old), you're fukced. And not in a nice way.

No wonder SY02 wanted girls.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X