• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"New posts" not working properly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    For the past hour or so, clicking on "New Posts" has not been working properly for me.

It keeps showing threads with the "go to first unread" icon when I have read all the posts.

Is it just me?

Also, while I'm at it, what is the difference between these two thread icons:

and ?
    'Hot thread with unread posts' and 'unread posts' respectively.

It goes nuts for me too sometimes, I assume cookies sometimes (quite rarely) get out of joint.

Comment

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Comment

CUK is CUKKED then
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Go to here

Scroll to the bottom of the page. Look in the grey headed box labelled "Icon Legend"
              Aha! Thank you for that link.

Well, bugger my old boots.

Hmm. It still doesn't tell me what a "hot thread" is. Is it one where CM, AlreadyPacked, Cojak, Pogle or one of the other fembots has posted?

I don't think I have ever used the "view one forum" facility, other than to quickly find TPD in Light Relief when there has been something VERY IMPORTANT to write about, such as my most recent wet fart.

I spend my CUK life in the "New Posts" view.

Hmm. Does most everyone else just view "General" all the time? Is that why it is always the same small handful of people that answer the newbie questions in "Business / Contracts", "Accounting / Legal" and "Technical"?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Aha! Thank you for that link.

Well, bugger my old boots.

Hmm. It still doesn't tell me what a "hot thread" is. Is it one where CM, AlreadyPacked, Cojak, Pogle or one of the other fembots has posted?

I don't think I have ever used the "view one forum" facility, other than to quickly find TPD in Light Relief when there has been something VERY IMPORTANT to write about, such as my most recent wet fart.

I spend my CUK life in the "New Posts" view.

Hmm. Does most everyone else just view "General" all the time? Is that why it is always the same small handful of people that answer the newbie questions in "Business / Contracts", "Accounting / Legal" and "Technical"?
                There's other forums besides General?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                X