• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

15.5%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I noticed a red in my latest case boasts this. It sounds a bit over the top to me and I'm wondering if I should swap it for something. Do they make decent wines this strong?
    Sounds like an Ozzie Grenache, Cab Sav or Shiraz: let it breath, grab some rare steak and enjoy!

Unless you got a bottle of 2009 Chateau Troplong Mondot St-Emilion or Terreni di San Severino Passito?
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Actually it's even higher than that k2p2 - 23%. ..

hyperD in "desperately thinking about buying a still" mode
      WHS - Sherry and Port average about 20%, and they aren't fortified AFAIK. Well maybe sherry is typically more like 15%, but certainly port.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        WHS - Sherry and Port average about 20%, and they aren't fortified AFAIK. Well maybe sherry is typically more like 15%, but certainly port.
        Sherry and port are both fortified. Would post link, but wikipedia's down!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Sherry is fortified with brandy.

Port is fortified with distilled alcohol.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            If you get wine by the case, is that not to sample it?

Why don't you tell us if it's any good?
            Just wondered if it was likely to be good, or strong simply to be strong. Will save it till we have company, sounds like something to have a glass of not a bottle to get through myself
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Just wondered if it was likely to be good, or strong simply to be strong. Will save it till we have company, sounds like something to have a glass of not a bottle to get through myself
              It will be strong but all depends on how well made it is, often the higher the alcohol content the lesser the smooth finish. An indication of high alcohol is a heat finish on the throat, which will tell you its a wine for laying down and avoiding or suitable for use in hand to hand combat.

If it's been made by a good winemaker, the the finish should be smooth (but you'll still have one hell of a hangover)

My guess it's a new world wine probably Aussie, Chilean or Argentinian? I know Laithwaites had one called the Fifteen, about 7 or so years ago, which was a hell of a belter and not one to drink on your own.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
              X