• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Too many jobs!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Xog and Zeity,

can you two use slide rules ?

what on earth are they for ?

Milan.
    Hey benesy, I can use a circular slide rule for calculating track vectors, airspeeds, climb/descents, flight time, distances, and fuel consumption calcs. I can even do this on my Navitimer.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

u da man

have you met Malc ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Not much use, it must be admitted, for adding.

Multiplying and dividing though, ace.
        also

sin/cos
        Logs
        Roots

Depends what sort (and size) you have.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          u da man

have you met Malc ?

Milan.
          He your sockie? He'll have to meet mine then.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Slide rules? Never figured them out.

I am starting to kick myself for the things I threw away. I had one of the first HP calculators about £170 in early 70s. Bet it would be a worth a bit by now.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It's been obvious for years slide rules would become a rarity. So over the years I've snapped up any I see in charity shops and such like, and now have a box full.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The Bob to Local exchange rate for IT workers is still about 8:1, from what I've seen. Although 1 local might actually get you more useful output than 8 bobs (sometimes they just don't do the needful).
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                X