• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is Antigua like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    Never been, but been to Barbados and heard they are pretty similar so with that caveat here goes.

I booked a reasonably priced hotel in Barbados which was an absolute sh * thole. Drinks in plastic cups, cracked tiles, mouldy rooms, toothless American proles flirting with the staff, and I have had better meals at boarding school.

Out and about in Barbados was OK, most of the people where nice but really dodgy fellers everywhere who dont get that while on holiday I am not interested in buying smack.

I found the coastline overexploited (on the tourist side) , and the beaches small and washed away.

In general, unless you pay top top dollar, you will have a pretty mediocre holiday which will burn a big hole in your wallet.

Unless I can afford Mustique I wont be going to the Carribbean again
    WHS with regards to Jamaica too.

I've no intention of wasting time and money travelling to any of these places again, when there are much nicer and safer and more enjoyable places to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      you must be bonkers. I dont want to be a wet blanket dodgy, but I had a mate who went there and it was the worst mistake he ever made. ever.

So did I. Seriously.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        WHS with regards to Jamaica too.

I've no intention of wasting time and money travelling to any of these places again, when there are much nicer and safer and more enjoyable places to visit.
        Such as where in January that is warm?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          How warm will you feel with two 9mm rounds in your head?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Canaries. Equatorial regions of Africa. Oz.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              So did I. Seriously.
              my mate , right. he passed de Dutchie on the right hand side.

know what I mean ? lucky to get out in one piece. straight up not a word of a lie

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I've not been and know nobody has, but I've heard it's a nightmare. Like Haiti but without the tents!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Canaries.
                  Just came back 2 weeks ago. Luvverly.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Canaries. Equatorial regions of Africa. Oz.
                    Florida Keys.

Dubai.

Cape Verde islands.

Comment

I'll contribute a positive comment...

I have personally been to St Lucia, Cuba and Barbados and I love it out there. My parents have been to Antigua and they rate Dicconson Bay as the nicest beach in the world (and they've travelled all over the place) - A big claim though never-the-less.

Funny thing is, I met a local in St Lucia last time out there who told me that the Caribbean is used a half way house for drug smuggling from the S. America countries into N. America. So whilst everything is nice and rosey for most holiday makers, there lurks a shady, behind-the-scenes part too.

Food for thought...

Comment

Working...
                      X