• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is Antigua like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just thought ... is DA sharing this with us because we're the only mates he's got?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      I've just thought ... is DA sharing this with us because we're the only mates he's got?
      I am only sharing 78.5%
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I am only sharing 78.5%
        Use vinegar if it's a box jellyfish (any acid will do, a diluted H2SO4, sulphuric acid is probably best. If it's an Atiguan sprinter, use caustic soda. Always carry a biro pen, in case you need an emergency trachaeotomy, and make sure you tell your mates/partner to pull you out of the water with a wooden paddle if you fall unconcious.
        Thats in case you get hit by an electric eel, it may still be attached and the currents can get quite strong out there

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Use vinegar if it's a box jellyfish (any acid will do, a diluted H2SO4, sulphuric acid is probably best. If it's an Atiguan sprinter, use caustic soda. Always carry a biro pen, in case you need an emergency trachaeotomy, and make sure you tell your mates/partner to pull you out of the water with a wooden paddle if you fall unconcious.
          Thats in case you get hit by an electric eel, it may still be attached and the currents can get quite strong out there

EO

Do you see a lot of suicidal people?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

EO

i am just saying like.

just trying to be helpful

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

EO

Does choosing to holiday in Antigua make one suicidal?
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Does choosing to holiday in Antigua make one suicidal?
                It is beginning to look that way

Comment

Bless. Just don't go off on any unauthorised tours, don't get pissed, and don't do anything stoopid.
                  Then you'll be fine.

Probably.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

be sure to tell us all about it if you get back

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Antigua

Never been, but been to Barbados and heard they are pretty similar so with that caveat here goes.

I booked a reasonably priced hotel in Barbados which was an absolute sh * thole. Drinks in plastic cups, cracked tiles, mouldy rooms, toothless American proles flirting with the staff, and I have had better meals at boarding school.

Out and about in Barbados was OK, most of the people where nice but really dodgy fellers everywhere who dont get that while on holiday I am not interested in buying smack.

I found the coastline overexploited (on the tourist side) , and the beaches small and washed away.

In general, unless you pay top top dollar, you will have a pretty mediocre holiday which will burn a big hole in your wallet.

Unless I can afford Mustique I wont be going to the Carribbean again
                      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
                      X