• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming costs mounting up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjclarke
    Reality is nuanced, of course. These numbers exclude dynamic ice sheet loss on the grounds that the understanding of this phenomenon is poor, and so a greater increase cannot be ruled out.
    There's the hockey stick!

Comment

Get your facts right guys. There is no IPCC projection of a 1m rise by 2010. Even under an extreme emissions scanario they project a range of 0.26 – 0.59cm.

Reality is nuanced, of course. These numbers exclude dynamic ice sheet loss on the grounds that the understanding of this phenomenon is poor, and so a greater increase cannot be ruled out.
      lol

I think you meant m not cm

an easy mistake to make

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

hahahha

pj, you did a treberth on me. editing your stuff without giving reasons.

you're not on a grant are you ?

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

I corrected a typo. You're not an 'auditor' are you?
          no i am not

but i notice you guys always make mistakes that further an agenda. never the other way

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

You guys? Who guys? Let me know when you discover a report of the record breaking warm weather at Anthony Watts' 'science blog' ....

D'ya suppose McIntyre is miffed because the Wegman Report - you know that work of scholarship that undermines the hockey stick - has been shown to contain so much plagarism that Wegman is under formal investigation for academic misconduct? (Blah blah, intellectual bankruptcy, something blah blah ......)

Click
            I have read a fair bit on his blog that does not support the sceptical view, so be fair.
            Only last week there was a piece about how sea levels are rising, and have done so since the last ice age. It was very good I thought.
            and he has mentioned record breaking warm weather. he made the point that we HAVE had weather recently that is so warm, its nearly like the medieval warm period.
            he just asks the question 'ok, if co2 caused THIS one, what caused THAT one?'

he has a fair and enquiring mind. in my opinion.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

The global temps crash:

WOW, GLOBAL COLD TAKING HOLD!

The 06z run of the GFS as a global temp forecast of -.38C against the normals by midnight the 21st! Given where we are now, and what is projected the next 7 days at least, the Jan temp should finish between .1 and .2c below normal, which would be a drop, since August of over .6c!

AccuWeather.com - Joe Bastardi European Weather Blog

The AGW party is well and truly over.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 17 January 2011, 15:03.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The global temps crash:

AccuWeather.com - Joe Bastardi European Weather Blog

The AGW party is well and truly over.
                Maybe, but then it's the turn of the Ice Age party to start up again.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  He just asks the question 'ok, if co2 caused THIS one, what caused THAT one?'

he has a fair and enquiring mind. in my opinion.
                  That's the critical issue to me when I see AGW discussed.

If you look back into recorded history and further back into the geological records the planet has had multiple prolonged periods when it's been appreciably warmer and colder than it is now, obviously as humanity wasn't around for many of those fluctuations they can't be down to our CO2 emissions.
                  I never see vulcanism mentioned either and that's responsible for a large amount of CO2 as well as other atmospheric pollutants.

Comment

Swings and ROundabouts BB. When it's cold in Europe it is likely warm elsewhere

Satellite eye on Earth: December 2010 | Environment | guardian.co.uk

That's why we calculate a global mean. You DO understand the concept of an average, don't you?
                    Yes the Global temperatures are crashing

The quote from Joe Bastardi was about Global temperatures.

You need to READ the post, presumably you skimmed the first paragraph, his posting on global temps is further down, and then you didn't seem to notice the map of Global anomalies I posted.

What do you see? globally
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 17 January 2011, 17:09.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yeah, well Bastardi needs to switch to decaff, his prose is practically unreadable:

More importantly, the average Joe, paying attention, will be able to easily see the linkage between the fluctuations of the ocean and the global temp. The ideas I have touting, trying to get people to understand that temp is a measure of energy, and the cooling where its warm matters much more to what is going to happen than warming where its cool, is showing why the forecast made here over 9 months ago for this drop has merit. A cold pdo, then amo.. the global temps fall, the opposite, as had been the case up until 3 years ago ( the amo is still warm) they rise. That it leveled off before hand shows the earths tendency to fight back in the first place, and also that no new ENERGY was being added to the system, or stored, to create the opined apocalypse. In addition, there is no sign of stratospheric cooling in the larger term, which is the tell tale sign of true tropospheric warming. NO hot spots being stored at 25,000 feet and compensating cooling above. Nada. At the surface, global sea ice can be explained simply by the fact that warm amo and pdo warm the continents around them in the means, which surround the northern ice cap. Now, what do you think will happen when we go the opposite way
                      About the only checkable FACT in this poorly punctuated screed is the lack of stratospheric cooling, which is balony.

Oh and the global anomaly map was sea temperatures only, missing out the 30% of the globe that fluctuates the most.
                      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X