• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Work dress code

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lola View Post
    I suppose that if one is lactating it might produce a Cappuccino effect.
    If they’re particularly large breasts it might be a latte macchiato.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Some sites in the UK too.

I had to have an H&S gonk show me the correct way to walk up the stairs when I got caught not doing that at one client.

I didn't impress when I pointed out once he'd got up the stairs that he'd forgotten to clean his hands with anti-bacterial gel because of all the germs that can be found on handrails.
      I did a couple of days last year at a site where they had anti-bacterial gel dispensers at each end of every floor, plus posters telling you why you should use them. It seemed over the top to me.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        I did a couple of days last year at a site where they had anti-bacterial gel dispensers at each end of every floor, plus posters telling you why you should use them. It seemed over the top to me.
        Not at places where I have worked, guys going for a dump and not washing their hands then making tea or fingering the donuts.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Not at places where I have worked, guys going for a dump and not washing their hands then making tea or fingering the donuts.
          Now you mention it

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            There's a Bob at my clientco who's effing disgusting. When I'm in the crapper I sometimes hear him at the sink hocking up some massive greenie which he spits into the bloody sink. One of these days I'm going to burst out of the cubicle and have a go at him. Which will be quite some sight, I grant you.

Comment

Try the UBS dress code. 43 pages of it.

Discussing with a bunch of Germans their sense of humour, I pointed out that of course they do have one. It's just that it involves invading Poland. For a joke.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Try the UBS dress code. 43 pages of it.

Discussing with a bunch of Germans their sense of humour, I pointed out that of course they do have one. It's just that it involves invading Poland. For a joke.
                The rules above — and the 40 other pages of them — were initially designed to help temporary employees who might not have worked in a high powered banking environment before coming to UBS look professional.
                That'll be the high powered banking environment that lost billions on the subprime crisis and got into major trouble with the US.

All 43 pages can be found as a PDF here (in French)

Comment

Jeans and a T shirt, holes optional, occasional stubble, and I need a haircut more often than not.

Often they ask me to work from home.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                  X