• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weightloss not going well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an ex-meathead who has gone to pot the following can happen especially if you have a mesomorphic frame.

At 18 I was about 10.5 stone. At 19 I was 13.5 stone of flabby delights. At 22 I started weight lifting, I dropped back to around 11.5 and then by 24 I was around 16 1/2 stone of solid beef with a small cut waist.

Over the years I have moved between 15 and 17stone, where a very poor diet and life style at the moment has me at the top end. Muscle has cut back and been replaced with soft tissuey material that seems to wobble when you slap it.

I've started back at the gym but have avoided the weights for now sticking with a cardio workout. So weight is dropping. Once I have firm buttocks again I may start on the weights at which point my mesomorphic frame will pile muscle on and my weight will go up.

Measure yourself on inches & fat as opposed to weight.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      weight can fluctuate during the day by 2-5lbs.

Are you drinking plenty of water ?
      Not really. Plenty of tea, and a bottle of lucosade sport when I excercise.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Oh yes, thanks for that.
        I am on a calorie controlled healthy eating diet and have been since the 2/01
        There were no faties in concentration camps
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

played football on Monday night even though it really hurt, far more than EO's leg
          I find that remarkably hard to believe.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Not really. Plenty of tea, and a bottle of lucosade sport when I excercise.
            you really need to drink 2ltrs min a day of water to help with weight loss.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              You're so easily placated.

Stop identifying yourself by a number. Weight is immaterial, do exercise, eat well and ignore the scales.
              whs

The tape measure is always more important than the scales, whatever some charlatans tell you about BMI.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Dr EO should I get my Ollies removed?
                Would 2oz make a vas deferens?

Comment

Originally posted by ChubbaTheFat View Post
                  As an ex-meathead who has gone to pot the following can happen especially if you have a mesomorphic frame.

At 18 I was about 10.5 stone. At 19 I was 13.5 stone of flabby delights. At 22 I started weight lifting, I dropped back to around 11.5 and then by 24 I was around 16 1/2 stone of solid beef with a small cut waist.

Over the years I have moved between 15 and 17stone, where a very poor diet and life style at the moment has me at the top end. Muscle has cut back and been replaced with soft tissuey material that seems to wobble when you slap it.

I've started back at the gym but have avoided the weights for now sticking with a cardio workout. So weight is dropping. Once I have firm buttocks again I may start on the weights at which point my mesomorphic frame will pile muscle on and my weight will go up.

Measure yourself on inches & fat as opposed to weight.
                  Good advice Chubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    whs

The tape measure is always more important than the scales, whatever some charlatans tell you about BMI.
                    The biggest danger in overweight is fat around the internal organs, this becomes life threatening. The use of liposuction will remove some fat and make a person thinner but the fat around the critical organs still remains. Weight is important.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      The biggest danger in overweight is fat around the internal organs, this becomes life threatening. The use of liposuction will remove some fat and make a person thinner but the fat around the critical organs still remains. Weight is important.
                      Yep, but what makes up the weight? A muscular person will be quite heavy, but a fatty might be much lighter; if you want to know about fat percentages you need to do weigh someone in and out of water, or get a professional to do an electrical impedence measurement (the home impedence meters tend to underestimate.

I'd say that it's better to just keep yourself fit; I know a few people who are rather chubby but physically fit, and plenty of thin people who aren't.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X