• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Absolutely Frazzled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Or because children aren't sent out to play any more.
    Technology is a great baby sitter.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Or because children aren't sent out to play any more.
      If it was warmer then they could play in the garden. The options of swing ball, sand pit, paddling pool, climbing frame and trampoline.

In the winter however, suprisingly they prefer to stay in the warm, and we prefer it too as they then don't trudge mud into the house every 5 minutes while bringing their demands.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        Seriously, forget all this good parenting bollox. You're going to be a better parent if you get enough sleep.

By the age of 2 mine could operate the VHS. So when they woke up at stupid o' clock, they'd head downstairs and shove Teletubbies in (the youngest had the benefit of the CBeebies channel too). They knew if they woke me, I'd say they couldn't watch telly, so they'd take great pains not to disturb me! Sorted.

Youngest has just turned into a teenager - that's a whole different kettle of fish!
        That sounds like a great idea, 3yo daughter will attend TV and Sky remote training ASAP. My wife is 5 months pregnant and sleep deprivation is becoming a big issue in our household.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          If it was warmer then they could play in the garden. The options of swing ball, sand pit, paddling pool, climbing frame and trampoline.

In the winter however, suprisingly they prefer to stay in the warm, and we prefer it too as they then don't trudge mud into the house every 5 minutes while bringing their demands.

You are Timothy Lumsden and SY02 is your mum. I claim my CUK £5 note.

Comment

So on the other side(of things to do with kids).

I was thinking of signing the kids up for martial arts when they're young. What would be a good age to start kids in Judo or Karate?

Comment

In my experience kids are an ongoing frazzlement. Some more so than others, and they cause different problems at different stages of life. I still have sleepless nights over my 35 year old daughter

One thing is for sure though, ref the sleep deprivation. It's like the safety video on a plane, when the oxygen masks come down, put yours on before you put the kids on. If you try to look after the kids first, you might all die.
              The American Indians used to feed the men first, in times of food scarcity. It might be nice to feed the kids first, but if the men go down, they all go down.

Same with sleep and kids. If you end up having a nervous breakdown, you all go down. so you have to be a bit selfish, you have to think of your partner as well. you have to come up with a strategy and a plan to deal with it. its no joke

all in mho of course

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I was thinking of signing the kids up for martial arts when they're young. What would be a good age to start kids in Judo or Karate?
                this is a great idea for kids, when a bit of street cred can keep the bullies away. i would definately put them up for this at an early age

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  this is a great idea for kids, when a bit of street cred can keep the bullies away. i would definately put them up for this at an early age

4 to 5(or when they start school).

Just bumped into the local Judo instructor at the petrol station and asked him. He reckons 5 is a good age,

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Tried karate classes. SY03 cried, he didn't like the shouting.
                    Tried football classes. SY03 cried, he didn't like all the other kids running at him.
                    Tried tennis classes. SY03 cried, lost interest as to why.

The apple doesn't roll far, and he is just a junior bedwetter I guess.

Mind you when I were a lad I played footie, tennis, cricket etc etc

Since we have indefinately banned the Wii and made them play with real toys things are much much better. No squabbling, plenty of imagination and this morning I learned they were running from monsters that were part tree, and part Pterodactyl. Much better
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Children are lovely.

From a safe distance.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X