• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst actors of our time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe I'm the first to mention possibly the worst, the most wooden, the most talentless "I've only got one character; the floppy haired, bumbling' upper class English twit".

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you . . . . HUGH GRANT.
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

At least he admits it though. And he plays that character quite well, so as long as they put him in the right films isn't that good acting?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        At least he admits it though. And he plays that character quite well, so as long as they put him in the right films isn't that good acting?
        Just being yourself (in his case a total tw@) isn't acting in my book, so no, it isn't 'good' acting.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          I can't believe I'm the first to mention possibly the worst, the most wooden, the most talentless "I've only got one character; the floppy haired, bumbling' upper class English twit".

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you . . . . HUGH GRANT.
          some of us are trying to ignore the fact he's actually made films
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Leonardo Di Caprio!

Oh and I also agree with most of the other peoples suggestions.
            Last edited by TykeMerc; 30 December 2010, 02:44.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Steve Martin. I don't think he's a bad actor, just his films are never funny. At all.
              Didn't you see that film in which he appeared talking back to clips from old black and white films? Thought that was an absolute hoot.

I personally can't abide anything with that South African Richard E Wotsizchops off of Withnail and I. Sadly that means I am precluded from watching any remakes of the old classics as he always seems to have a lead role in them.

I sat down to enjoy A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve and was reaching for the remote after just 2 minutes because it was HIM AGAIN !!
              Last edited by gricerboy; 30 December 2010, 10:06.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                Didn't you see that film in which he appeared talking back to clips from old black and white films? Thought that was an absolute hoot.

I personally can't abide anything with that South African Richard E Wotsizchops off of Withal and I. Sadly that means I am precluded from watching any remakes of the old classics as he always seems to have a lead role in them.

I sat down to enjoy A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve and was reaching for the remote after just 2 minutes because it was HIM AGAIN !!
                Wow, a Google search on Richard E Wotsizchops didn't come up with any matches or even any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Wow, a Google search on Richard E Wotsizchops didn't come up with any matches or even any suggestions.
                  Ah, I see, still referring to Grant. On a vaguely related note, I hear Liz Hurley is single again Can't speak for her acting.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Just being yourself (in his case a total tw@) isn't acting in my book, so no, it isn't 'good' acting.
                    The identical character he plays in most of his films isn't his real-life personality. In real life he's grumpy and an arse, not a harmless fop. IIRC he said About a Boy is more like his real self... which is also probably the film I'd say he's best in.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Nick Cage. Boresville.

If I see he is in a film I won't watch. Worst actor of all time.
                      Yup, definitely. I'm amazed that he still gets offered roles after such a long run of appalling, cringe-worthy films. How does this keep happening?

Nicholas Cage and Tom Cruise have to be the bottom of the barrel as far as I'm concerned.
                      You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Working...
                      X