• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You misunderstand my point. I'm not suggesting it's logic or true, just that it's another preconception we all have and no more/lesss reliable than others. None should be relied upon in determining the law. Laws should be based on facts. If there are no facts then do a trial.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      By that logic wouldn't some straight men be equally good 'mothers'? i.e. sensitive, emotional, cry a lot... SY01 for instance.
      Good point. Plus it might ensure that he was never too far away from a good supply of nappies, which would be no bad thing!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        I don't disagree, however, lofty and all as that goal is, it is entirely impractical as we are all human. It is all very well to strive for perfection, but we were never designed to be perfect. Pragmatism has to kick in at some point, and if we can't have perfection, then any pair of loving parents is not something we should be too dismissive about. Them having gasquillions of pounds in the bank ain't too shabby either for someone left weighing up their lot in life.
        Being brought up by Elton and his partner would not be my optimal choice, neither would I be too chuffed about being born a Royal. However, if it happened it would certainly not be the end of the world, and as none of us gets to choose anyway, can't really see too much harm in it.
        Thanks for reading my mind.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Get over it you pair of dinosaurs. The child will have as much chance of a happy childhood as the child of any pop star, and a great deal MORE chance than the average sprog popped out by Wayne and Waynetta Slob.
          Let's see how he is in 30 years time.

Twenty years ago, the acceptable opinion about homosexuals adopting was that it was not desirable. Now the acceptable opinion is that it's perfectly alright. I wonder what the prevailing ethic will be in another twenty year?

Society changes over time. The majority go with the flow, mindlessly following the herd - sheep. Some remain stuck in the past - dinosaurs. Neither have any moral superiority. Neither bother to work out why they believe what they believe. Both think that their worldview is the only right one.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Society changes over time. The majority go with the flow, mindlessly following the herd - sheep
            Going "with the flow" need not be mindless. "The flow" might well be perfectly logical and sensible.

HTH
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I don't know about David Furnish, but surely any kid would go crackers with Elton John as a dad, gay or not gay. Get him the wrong shade of Armani specs for Father's Day and he'd scream your ears off. I wouldn't trust him with an aspidistra.

Comment

EJ does seems pretty sane and is quite bright and funny. Imagine being offspring of some other celebs growing up watching them go in and out of rehab, prison and marriages.

PS And he is an atheist. Sound chap.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  EJ does seems pretty sane and is quite bright and funny. Imagine being offspring of some other celebs growing up watching them go in and out of rehab, prison and marriages.

PS And he is an atheist. Sound chap.
                  Erm ... I think you need to do a little more digging on EJ. He's had a few problems in the past. By the way, he got sober using a spiritual program of recovery.

I admire the chap. He's come a long way. Great musician. As for the rest .... I've no opinion.

Comment

My mate just told me that Rocket Man was a phallic metaphor for one of EJ's boyfriends. Well known fact, he says. I'll have to dig out the lyrics and see. If I can be bothered.

Comment

Absolutely Disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                      X