• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh? No, I'm suggesting that the fact that something is not natural is not in itself an argument against it.

Why is sex always singled out for the unnatural argument? It is unnatural for people of different ethnicity to associate, brain patterns actually show less empathy with those unlike ourselves. Racism must be a good thing according to the "unnatural" argument.

Homosexality is found in nature anyway so it it is not unnatural merely less common.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 28 December 2010, 12:30.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      I would have thought there are things that aren't natural in the modern world. Cloning people in a lab is not a natural method of procreation, and paedophilia is not a natural sexual preference.

Are you suggesting that these are natural now?
      Yes it is. Paedophilia may be abhorrant, and has a detremental effect upon the children who are "abused" (and of course those who are murdered). But to say that it is un-natural doesn't seem right; Paedophiles dont choose that sexual orientation, so therefore it has occurred within them "from nature".
      Last edited by KentPhilip; 28 December 2010, 12:56.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

First commenting that policemen are getting younger these days. ..
        and politicians
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          paedophilia is not a natural sexual preference.
          Surely the problem is that (for some people) it is? Or does some guy who really fancies 19-year old girls wake up one morning and decide to pursue 8 year-old boys instead, perhaps because he wants to be different?

I made the mistake of using the word "natural" in an essay at school and got a reply from my English teacher almost longer than the essay. I thought my meaning was clear, but apparently there are whole univeristy departments dedicated to studying the meaning and implications of the word in various literary and philosophical contexts. (I may be exaggerating slightly, but that was the impression he gave.)

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
            Surely the problem is that (for some people) it is? Or does some guy who really fancies 19-year old girls wake up one morning and decide to pursue 8 year-old boys instead, perhaps because he wants to be different?

I made the mistake of using the word "natural" in an essay at school and got a reply from my English teacher almost longer than the essay. I thought my meaning was clear, but apparently there are whole univeristy departments dedicated to studying the meaning and implications of the word in various literary and philosophical contexts. (I may be exaggerating slightly, but that was the impression he gave.)
            ...for procreation.

What some are saying here is that all possible behaviours are natural, which might be true in the very widest sense of the word, but gets us nowhere. I'd leave that to anal philosophers and university departments.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Society strong arms us into accepting things we deep down aren't comfortable with.

In this case, if you object, you get branded a homophobe, biggoted and an intolerant dinosaur.
              If you object to intrusive CCTV, dna databases and the like, then you apparently have something to hide.

I am not comfortable with the idea of a kid having two dads, it just isn't natural.
              I am not comfortable with intrusive CCTV and dna databases.

So society would make me out to be a homophobic criminal because I don't conform to the views I am supposed to.
              WHS +1billion

What happened to freedom and free speech

Comment

Your dads Autograph

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                Poor kid. Just imagine at school when someone asks him if that's his Dad and Grandad picking him up and he has to explain that one.
                His school mates will pester him for his Dads autograph

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
                  His school mates will pester him for his Dads autograph
                  Really, you think in 10 years EJ will be popular with the kids? He isn't even now, and probably wasn't 10 years ago.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Like the bloke but never could discover who actually liked his music. Same wierd people who like Paul McCartney or Cliff Richard or Kylie Minogue or similar pap.

Sometimes watch rock things, Crosby Stills and Nash on last night. All the decent musicians are getting seriously ancient.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 28 December 2010, 14:28.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I like Paul in the Beatles, and I like the Shadows, but not either of their solo stuff really.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X