• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free market in services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free market in services

Re: News Story on CUK front page.

I have been waiting for this for some time. They have voted against one of the things I wanted, but made the following a directive.

In addition, member states must not apply "contractual arrangements between the provider and the recipient which prevent or restrict service provision by the self-employed".
    I would appreciate thoughts from the well informed on the proposal that this will allow us to work as self-emp again.

My argument:
    Many of us would rather be self emp than Ltd. (I still want to be Ltd but would settle for self emp till my company feels right for Ltd.)

The reason we are not self emp is a state enforced restriction which makes clients responsible for unpaid tax should a self emp contractor fail to pay, which is why most clients and agents insist on us being Ltd.

This would appear to be in conflict with the above statement.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Re: News Story on CUK front page.

I have been waiting for this for some time. They have voted against one of the things I wanted, but made the following a directive.

I would appreciate thoughts from the well informed on the proposal that this will allow us to work as self-emp again.

My argument:
    Many of us would rather be self emp than Ltd. (I still want to be Ltd but would settle for self emp till my company feels right for Ltd.)

The reason we are not self emp is a state enforced restriction which makes clients responsible for unpaid tax should a self emp contractor fail to pay, which is why most clients and agents insist on us being Ltd.

This would appear to be in conflict with the above statement.
    Strikes me that this refers to some countries which insist that the Self-employed work in full-employment. I believe France is like this.

In some EU Countries you will find you cannot use your limited company.

Comment

Working...
    X