• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuff people eat with chips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Mmmm, Enzo's chipper in Ennis.
    Enzo's? You mean there is a Chipper thats not called Macari's?

Crikey
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Totally agree - that is beyond minging!!

Chips and Mayo - delish.

Chips and Coleslaw - even more delish.

Chips and Cheesy Coleslaw - super delish.

All with Salt & Vinegar.

Another wierd thing - at home, Chippies are called Chippers, people still look at me a bit odd when I refer to them as that.
      I'm not Irish, but I've always called Chips chippers. Crisps to me are crippers.

This pea wet business has got to be illegal. I love mushy peas as much as the next woman, but FFS.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Another wierd thing - at home, Chippies are called Chippers, people still look at me a bit odd when I refer to them as that.
        I got odd looks when I called it a chippy in Oirland , then the guy says to me 'chippy , that's cat. its a chipper'

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The nastiest thing I've ever come across is that Lancashire (or at least Wigan / Bolton) delicacy of chips and pea wet. For the unenlightened, pea wet is the thin green liquid that drains from mushy peas. As in, 'Do you want some wet on that, luv?'

Urban Dictionary: pea wet

Dirty, dirty b@stards.
          That used to be my lunch most lunch times when I was at college there. Although I used to push the boat out a bit and have some scratchings with it (batter bits)

Chips, pey wet 'n scratching - delicious

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            That used to be my lunch most lunch times when I was at college there. Although I used to push the boat out a bit and have some scratchings with it (batter bits)

That sounds like a viral infection.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I'd forgotten scratchings. And how can a scallop be a slice of potato battered and deep fried?

Comment

Or have a baby's ead with it (aka steak pudding)

Comment

I'd forgotten scratchings. And how can a scallop be a slice of potato battered and deep fried?
                  You've just confirmed that I was right during a recent argument. Thanks.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

scallop and chips - loads of salt

Comment

I dont know if anyone mentioned curry sauce.

Opp Norf, we have two types of curry sauce

Chinese curry - thin, a bit tasy, a bit spicy
                      Traditional - thick, bits of fruit and spud in it, very tasty, not very spicy

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X