• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuff people eat with chips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lightship
    Chips with HP sauce (and a pint).......

Pah! That doesn't count. The chips are on a serviette, so that's a gastropub.

Chips in a pub hould come in a dirty, orange, plastic basket.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Chips with Mayo is indeed a national dish in Belgium. Chips 'n' Gravy is standard student food as is Chips 'n' Curry as far as I've ever known it anyway. The vinegar is essential to enhance the gravy. I must admit that in Scotland, I do like battered Haggis though. Rarely these days can you get chips cooked in beef dripping, but it is truly the only way to have proper British Chips IMO.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        EDIT: I almost forgot: I once bought my Dutch girlfriend a jar of Hellman's mayonnaise as a treat to go with her chips. She thought it was crap, and ended up throwing it away. Next trip home, she brought back a couple of bottles of fritessaus
        She was right. IMHO

I first came across Hellman's Mayonnaise after a stint in France, so also considered it crap.

Did you know that Hellman's is actually a Yank product?

No wonder I didn't like it, especially once I had got used to the real thing.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          Rarely these days can you get chips cooked in beef dripping, but it is truly the only way to have proper British Chips IMO.
          Ditto for battered fish, I believe.

My father's eternal complaint when trying fish and chips down south: "Pah! They're cooked in oil!".
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            My father's eternal complaint when trying fish and chips down south: "Pah! They're cooked in oil!".
            And they leave the skin on. A filthy pracice.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Garlic Bread?! GARLIC BREAD?!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The best way to eat chips is between two slices of buttered white bread, with a bit of salt and vinegar on.

Chip butty. Mmm.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  Ditto for battered fish, I believe.

Agreed, had battered Pollock and Chips a few weeks ago. You could instantly tell they'd been cooked in dripping. I am not joking, the meal was memorable!
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Woman finds mouse in bag of Healthy Living oven chips | Metro.co.uk

I'm a big fan of mouse and chips.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Is this a euphemism
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X