• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I had my ears tested today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles;
    I'm sorry you've got it bad, that can't be easy.

Tell you what, next time I'm chatting you up in a pub and neither of us are understanding a dickie bird, just tell me who you are and we'll slip outside where it's quieter.

(Er, you are a lady aren't you?)
    EH? WHAT??? STEP OUTSIDE???? YER ASKIN' FER IT LUV

sheesh some people the cheek
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Yes I am a Laydee

don't you know
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Could be. I do get a bit of a buzz at night. What's the cure for that?
        Check your blood pressure - can sometimes cause tinnitus.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          There isn't any atm, unfortunately you have to put up with it for the rest of your life (I've got it quite bad) awful when you can't hear a thing when you're out in pubs etc...
          I find it helps if you look at the persons lips as they're speaking, it helps you focus on that particular conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            I find it helps if you look at the persons lips as they're speaking, it helps you focus on that particular conversation.
            We just text each other.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I have it as well - I can't hear people speak to me if there's background noise. I had my ears tested out OK but my doctor told me it was age related.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Yup age, if you´re over 40 then "normal" hearing is still as deaf as a door post, and if you´re not yet as deaf as a door post you soon will be, so there isn´t a lot of point worrying about it, jusr get one of those big horns to stick in your ears.
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 10 December 2010, 08:49.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

You eyes are almost knackered by the age of 40 too. Nature doesn't much care either way if you live or die after that age it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    ... and some people in offices at work sound like barely coherent mumbling?
                    I get that all the time, then I realised that a lot of the people in the office actually are barely coherent mumbling buffoons.

Comment

Anyone ever had their ears syringed?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X