• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the Lockerbie Bomber was released

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The two theories that I would go for on the bombing is either it was Iran in retribution for the US shooting down the Iran-air Airbus or the bomb was discovered an early stage in Germany and it was then ‘made-safe’ and was being sent to the US for forensics. The latter was normal practice at time.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It was all going to end up very messy when the appeal got to court and I doubt the trial would have lasted more than a day.

The USA has dragged the UK into their problems for the last 10 years and quite frankly they have no right to be lecturing the Scottish Legal system on matters of human rights.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        It was all going to end up very messy when the appeal got to court and I doubt the trial would have lasted more than a day.

The USA has dragged the UK into their problems for the last 10 years and quite frankly they have no right to be lecturing the Scottish Legal system on matters of human rights.
        Indeed. It was the Scottish Government's decision to make, and it was extremely polite of them not to point out that the operators of Guantanamo Bay prison camp were ill-placed to criticise others' penal policies.

Justice Secretary MacAskill's refusal to answer to a US inquiry was for me the best thing the Scottish Government has done so far. All free Englishmen should be cheering their neighbours on that one.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
        X