• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The state is a thief

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    I have not been duped, I know exactly what it means.

What's the other option then? Keep things as they are, at the cost of other public services? Raise general taxation? Introduce a graduate tax?
    Oh you think the all other public expenditure is more important?

How about dismantling the political correct industries funded by taxpayer first? No more importing of scroungers?

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
      People who don't mind fees are duped, are rather silly. This is a huge tax on the middle class.

The selfish baby boomer generation's hippy ways are coming home to roost. They want their unfunded pensions but don't want their kids or grandkids to get state-funded education like they enjoyed.

The hippy generation are the most selfish vile generation there is in modern times. Compare and contrast with their selfless more Christian parents generation who bravely fought in world war 2.
      Utter crap. In the 50s and 60s nobody from secondary school would get to university and only the very top from grammar schools or ‘public’ schools would qualify. i.e only the top people would go to university. As I was third in line in my family they could not support me after school . There was no such things as loans for education therefore I had to work full time for four years to pay for my further education. Even then I had to work at the same time.

I don’t believe that students should have loans, they should save up and go to university in their 20s by which time they may actually be mature enough to lean something.

Regarding pensions, I or we paid a thing called “National Pensions Contributions” The contributions were supposed to give us an earnings related pension but the government scrapped the earnings related part and not refund us. The money was instead spent on council house sh1ts and their young lazy kids.

My taxes have not paid for my pension, but for several others as well including new arrivals to this country who haven’t paid a penny.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Oh you think the all other public expenditure is more important?
        Yes. I think that healthcare, policing, fire and other rescue services, defence, prisons, primary and secondary schooling, state pensions, welfare for the truly needy, law & court costs, bin collection and waste management, investment in public transport, road maintenance, housing development, street ligting, park and recreation upkeep is all more important than Wayne from Scunthorpe going to Hull Poly to "study" Sociology, paid in most part by our taxes, to then get a job as a bar manager or similar.

HTH
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          Yes. I think that healthcare, policing, fire and other rescue services, defence, prisons, primary and secondary schooling, state pensions, welfare for the truly needy, law & court costs, bin collection and waste management, investment in public transport, road maintenance, housing development, street ligting, park and recreation upkeep is all more important than Wayne from Scunthorpe going to Hull Poly to "study" Sociology, paid in most part by our taxes, to then get a job as a bar manager or similar.

HTH
          You have been duped. Your kids will be tens of thousands of pounds worse off because of the idiocy of people like you.

If you think that's all your taxes paid for then you are in need of education.

Comment

You have been duped. Your kids will be tens of thousands of pounds worse off because of the idiocy of people like you.
            Contractor79: Are you suggesting that an expensive university education is the ONLY way to get ahead in the world?

I don't know about you, but I have a good university education paid for by grant and no fees, and it has done me sweet FA good in getting a decent job. The thing that got me a job and "payback" for the wasted time spent studing tulip that was of absolutely no relevance to the (IT) job that I ended up doing was a commitment to studying IT in my own time in my own place with a handful of books costing under £50 each.

If you think that graduates will be forced to accept lower wages than they would have got beforehand as a result of the introduction of market level fees then they need a kick up the jacksie and told to study what they need to learn from a set of books or (even better) for free off the web.

Bloody leftie.

Comment

What Paddy said. (or whatever the silly ACRONYM is)
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

People who don't mind fees are duped, are rather silly. This is a huge tax on the middle class.

The selfish baby boomer generation's hippy ways are coming home to roost. They want their unfunded pensions but don't want their kids or grandkids to get state-funded education like they enjoyed.
                I'm a baby boomer, and I think you're wrong.

I funded the pensions of my parents' generation, on the basis that each generation would fund the retirement of the older. Now that I am getting old, I see (some of) the current generation of youngsters wanting to abandon it now that it's their turn to contribute. And you tell me that I am selfish?
                Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

If you think that's all your taxes paid for then you are in need of education.
                  You need a dose of reality. When I left school very few people qualified for university, and secondary school qualifications actually required hard work. You had to earn things in those days including respect. These days qualifications are handed out on a plate because someone might cry - everyone qualifies for university and almost everyone guarenteed a pass. Personally I do not see why I have to fund those who go to university if they are not studying hard and studying a topic that is of use to the UK. I see a lot of recent university graduates and not one of them can compete with the equivalent of a child of 10 taught in the 60's or 70's.

Comment

Working...
                  X