• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

300mph Chinese train breaks record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're going to have Crossrail soon. Since only London matters that's all we need ?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      isn't suited for a country like ours which is 35X smaller and 2X as densely populated as China.
      Yes, high density of population (like Japan) is really bad for public transport links especially high speed rail (like in Japan).

Woot a "stupid" Chinese civilisation - they've only been around for a few thousand of years (that's like way more than England), and those "idiots" just insist on putting their hard earned money into high speed railway.

Comment

Isn't it nice having a train thread that isn't just threaded being a prat with his ladygricerboy sockpuppet

Comment

No 'Anglo-Saxon' based economy has high speed rail: primacy of property in law.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            and 120 mile track between London/Birmingham is still under discussion, ffs scheduled to go live in 2015, assuming some tory ******** who object to the line as it goes through their territory, ffs - in Spain when high speed rail was build MPs were lobbying hard to have a local station!!!
            The proposed route is quite close to here, and I know someone who is at potential risk of having his house knocked down. Understandably he's not that keen that people are able to get from London to Birmingham quicker.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Understandably he's not that keen that people are able to get from London to Birmingham quicker.
              Well tulip happens - he should get reasonable compensation and have his house knocked down without delay - it's not like it is a fancy to make the route go through his house, it just has to be pretty straight for high speed rail to work at max speed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It's astounding that only 1 person out of over 1 bln speaks out against communist Govt, still that's like more than in Russia...
                It is astounding that they shoot a person a day for speaking out against their government, it is astounding that you have taken what I said and assume that only the shot speak out against the government.

Communism is a disease.

If I had said that in China I would be placed in prison.

Comment

Communism is quite a nice idea, in theory. It's letting people run it that makes it go wrong. Once we have benign artificial intelligences to make the decisions for us, it'll make a comeback.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Once we have benign artificial intelligences to make the decisions for us, it'll make a comeback.
                    WMSS

You will hear it on here first...

Comment

Oh Karl the world isn't fair
                      It isn't and never will be
                      They tried out your plan
                      It brought misery instead
                      If you'd seen how they worked it you'd be glad you were dead
                      just like I'm glad I'm living in the land of the free
                      where the rich just get richer
                      and the poor you don't ever have to see
                      It would depress us, Karl
                      Because we care
                      that the world still isn't fair

Comment

Working...
                      X