• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

300mph Chinese train breaks record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    AtW, if we had a high speed rail link from Birmingham, would you actually go anywhere, or just stay in your bedsit and moan about it?.
    I go to London regularly.

More importantly high speed rail will help make "outer" cities more competitive in terms of being able to commute quickly, easier recruitment etc.

Why did you move to Newcastle anyway? Sounds like a tuliphole.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Why did you move to Newcastle anyway? Sounds like a tuliphole.
      I'd lived in Stevenage and Swindon and wanted to complete the hat trick.

Comment

You moved to fooking Newcastle - that's like nearly Scotland, fooking motorway ends there (at least according to Google maps), it could not have possibly been that bad in Swindon?

There is no fooking way someone like yourself who claims all the time to be as half as rich as threaded would move to Newcastle, not unless you are Mike Ashley, in which case I claim my five running shoes.

Comment

You overshot by about 10 miles then, Sunderland would be better for that trio.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            They're not bad at dams either
            Not bad women either

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

There are many practical reasons such a train isn't suited for a country like ours which is 35X smaller and 2X as densely populated as China. Not that I expect AtW to be able to figure them out. It would suit Russia better.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                There are many practical reasons such a train isn't suited for a country like ours which is 35X smaller and 2X as densely populated as China. Not that I expect AtW to be able to figure them out. It would suit Russia better.
                They have trains in Russia already.

Comment

I worked for Railtrack 10 years ago and while doing some stuff for their civil engineering department who were working on the East Coast and High Speed Tunnel links their assertion was that they could put in high speed links for a sensible amount of money.

The stone in their shoe was public enquiries every few miles, every tunnel and bridge upgrade and massive amounts of NIMBYism. They reckoned that it increased cost and time by a factor of at least 10.

Comment

They have trains in Russia already.
                    Pah! Not as good as a British armoured train:

[ Oi!, Gricerboy, leave those curtains alone. They're crusty enough already. ]
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      I worked for Railtrack 10 years ago and while doing some stuff for their civil engineering department who were working on the East Coast and High Speed Tunnel links their assertion was that they could put in high speed links for a sensible amount of money.

The stone in their shoe was public enquiries every few miles, every tunnel and bridge upgrade and massive amounts of NIMBYism. They reckoned that it increased cost and time by a factor of at least 10.
                      You keep believing that Dr Snore.

Comment

Working...
                      X