• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuck at the airport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    That is the crux of the matter. MS seems to think we enjoy installing software. I have only done one "wipe and reinstall from scratch" in the eight and a half years I have owned Macs, and I only did that because I wanted to, not because it was necessary. (I will note that I got a surprising amount of disk space back, presumably down to clutter left behind from software I had tried but never ended up using.)

Or USB sticks. I am really not interested in seeing an announcement that a driver has been installed and I can now use a USB stick. On a Mac it simply appears and I can use it straight away.
    My favourite announcement is the one that tells me at every boot that the HP2400 printer is disconnected. It's not only disconnected, it's in the tip 3 years ago in a country 800 miles away. Thanks for keeping me informed.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
    X