• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you get warm?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I watched a 3D demo in a local Panasonic shop, which was nice and warm. Somehow 3D TV appears more 3D than real 3D.
    That makes me think of Red Dwarf: Back to reality.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I'm glad my slanket arrived before the cold set in. 7 degrees C is tolerable.

Comment

I'm glad my slanket arrived before the cold set in. 7 degrees C is tolerable.
        My study reached another low of 9 degrees today, I'm working quite happily with 2 jumpers... one is a super-heavy eskimo-style thing though. Main issue is my hands, they tend to get chilly even if the rest of me is fine.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I watched a 3D demo in a local Panasonic shop, which was nice and warm. Somehow 3D TV appears more 3D than real 3D. Walking around in thermals takes a bit of getting used to, because your hands and head can feel frozen while your core temperature can reach the point where you're going to sweat.
          I have not felt proper cold like that for nearly 10 years. That has just taken me right back. I remember doing Xmas shopping in the UK and diving in and out of warm shops and then back into the freezing weather to get on the train with all the other mugs. Jeez, I don't know if I could live in the UK again. It's a hard life there.

Comment

Working...
          X