• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That Indian bird murdered in SA on her honeymoon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Times are especially hard in SA, have you not heard of the 'Overeducated Cabbie Index'?
    But really:

"The alleged hijacking was in fact not a hijacking, but part of a plan of subterfuge which the husband of the deceased and I designed to conceal the true facts"

That sounds like some classic parody representation of how a policeman would make things up.

Clearly not anyone's real words.
    Last edited by sasguru; 7 December 2010, 14:43.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      More speculation. Where's the evidence?
      I love how whenever there's a crime all the usual low IQ suspects spew forth their conspiracy theories.

Anyone ever hear of evidence-based reasoning?
      yet bizarrely you accept the global warming theory without any empirical evidence to support it
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

A step closer, perhaps, to finding out what actually happened:

South Africa honeymoon murder husband detained in UK.

The husband of a woman murdered on her honeymoon in South Africa has been detained in the UK, the Metropolitan Police said.

Anni Dewani, 28, from Sweden, was shot after being kidnapped while in a taxi with her husband Shrien last month.

On Tuesday, taxi driver Zola Tongo told Western Cape High Court he was offered 15,000 rand (£1,400) by Shrien Dewani, 31, from Bristol, to kill his wife.

Mr Dewani's family described the allegations as "totally ludicrous".

Comment

Aaish...

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          A step closer, perhaps, to finding out what actually happened:

South Africa honeymoon murder husband detained in UK.
          The way I see it, the UK police would not have co-operated to this extent if they had thought that it was a stitch-up.

Couple of things to bear in mind.

The deceaseds father travelled to SA alone to hearing. This to me indicates he is suspicious at the very least of the accused family

The SA lawyer suddenly withdrew from the case. Maybe its many degrees of assumption, but I reckon he found out the facts and told the accused to fess up as it was the only way forward, which the accused was not going to do.

We have more idea now of what supposedly happened, but why is still a mystery.

I would say that they need to "follow the money", and the reason for this killing will become apparent.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Innocently take a wife to one of SA's townships? Pretty daft behaviour.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Not if you are 6 million in debt and she has life insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

A bit like innocently cutting her brake pipes or playfully stoving her head in with a hammer. It just doesn't seem right. Why would anybody want to see a dangerous township at midnight in a place known for car jackings.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  A bit like innocently cutting her brake pipes or playfully stoving her head in with a hammer. It just doesn't seem right. Why would anybody want to see a dangerous township at midnight in a place known for car jackings.
                  Exactly. Like deciding to sit in a car, eat popcorn and watch a 'drive-by' in LA's compton.

Comment

Max Clifford a suggestion

Since the guy has been arrested by the UK police at the request of the SA police as a suspect, should Max Clifford STFU about his "clients" innocence for a while, at least until the facts are a bit clearer.
                    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Ask any South African. Once a woman is kidnapped, she is raped. On this occasion she wasn't.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X