• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How cold is it for you? Beat minus 5........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Way back when I managed a whole week's work with a fx brokers I remember being told about an IT contractor who had bought himself a nice new Ferrari. When he got it back to his three bed semi he found the only way to get it into the garage was to park it just outside and then roll it in. Obviously the same in reverse occurred when he wanted to take it out. I think it lasted six months.
    True story.

I worked with a permie guy who bought himself a Magnum PI style Ferrari. It wouldn't fit in the single garage of his modest semi, so he had the whole of the downstairs dining room and attached garage converted into a double garage to allow him to park it in the house.

Man he loved that car. Probably why his wife left him in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      True story.

I worked with a permie guy who bought himself a Magnum PI style Ferrari. It wouldn't fit in the single garage of his modest semi, so he had the whole of the downstairs dining room and attached garage converted into a double garage to allow him to park it in the house.

Man he loved that car. Probably why his wife left him in the end.
      Probably good riddance too.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Probably good riddance too.
        That's what he said. He planned on having the living room converted for his dream Porsche.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          Way back when I managed a whole week's work with a fx brokers I remember being told about an IT contractor who had bought himself a nice new Ferrari. When he got it back to his three bed semi he found the only way to get it into the garage was to park it just outside and then roll it in. Obviously the same in reverse occurred when he wanted to take it out. I think it lasted six months.
          A Ferrari I need to increase my rate.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
            A Ferrari I need to increase my rate.
            I wouldn't bother, you'd still end up in the arse end of nowhere without any fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
              I wouldn't bother, you'd still end up in the arse end of nowhere without any fuel.
              Oh yeah... forgot about that - tell us the story again kandr
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Oh yeah... forgot about that - tell us the story again kandr
                I ran out of fuel and joined the AA who charged me £180, which I moaned about but was my own fault.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                  I ran out of fuel and joined the AA who charged me £180, which I moaned about but was my own fault.
                  I think I preferred the extended feature length version.
                  Last edited by cailin maith; 26 November 2010, 11:19. Reason: Spelling
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I thik I preferred the extended feature length version.
                    Sssh, can't you see he's trying?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Sssh, can't you see he's trying?
                      Funny you should mention that
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...