• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Student pleads guilty to throwing fire extinguisher

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two years & eight months.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

How far did he manage to throw it?

Any latent athletic talent?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Two years & eight months.

BUT the news says "he is expected to serve up to half his sentence, and will be in a young offenders' institute"

It's not enough

OK, my mistake, Sky News website says:

Woollard, of Dibden Purlieu, Hampshire, will serve at least half of his sentence for violent disorder in a young offenders institution.
        Does this half in the young offenders institute and half in a proper gaol?
        More likely he will serve just half his sentence is my take.
        Last edited by Platypus; 11 January 2011, 13:05.

Comment

he's off for a 32 months holiday...

BBC News - Student protester jailed for throwing fire extinguisher

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            He won't get a job
            He could join the Wurzels

Not that Edward Woollard, of Dibden Purlieu, in the New Forest in Hampshire needs a job:
            Dibden Purlieu is amongst the richest wards in the UK.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It seems like a daft thing to have done right now, but I can imagine after a few more years of cuts, a bit more police brutality, and a revitalised hard left, having served a couple of years for chucking a fire extinguisher off Millbank will be a badge of honour. Rather like how having taken a couple of potshots at the British soldiers or police in early c20th Ireland virtually guaranteed you a seat in the first few Dáils.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                It seems like a daft thing to have done right now, but I can imagine after a few more years of cuts, a bit more police brutality, and a revitalised hard left, having served a couple of years for chucking a fire extinguisher off Millbank will be a badge of honour. Rather like how having taken a couple of potshots at the British soldiers or police in early c20th Ireland virtually guaranteed you a seat in the first few Dáils.
                Surely he should be vandalising the Labour party headquarters, seeing as they´re the people who made these cuts necessary?

Comment

He's going to be someones bitch for at least the next 18 months.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    He's going to be someones bitch for at least the next 18 months.
                    Why would he bend over to pick up the soap? I don’t think he’s ever used it before now.

Comment

Seems steep to me. He's a kid who got carried away by the moment. Agree, he needs to realise his actions are not acceptable, but, assuming no previous form, 3 months (or 6, with 3 served...) would do the job and give him a much better chance of actually getting on with a normal education and life at the end of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X